Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Role of Biotechnology in the Agro-Food Industry
Mario Trejo-Perea, José Gabriel Rios-Moreno, Gilberto Herrera-Ruiz, Ana Angelica Feregrino-Pérez, Irineo Torres-Pacheco and Ramon Gerardo Guevara-Gonzalez
2. Biotechnology in Food Processing and Preservation: An Overview
3. Enzymes and food industry: a consolidated marriage
HAR Gomes, LRS Moreira, EXF Filho
4. Lactic Acid Bacteria – From Nature through Food to Health
Tsvetanka Teneva-Angelova, Ivelina Hristova, Atanas Pavlov , Dora Beshkova
5. Development of controlled co-cultivations for reproducible results in fermentation processes in food biotechnology
Johannes Bader, Christopher Brigham, Ulf Stahl, Milan K. Popovic
6. Progress of biotechnology in food industry
Dorota Zielinska, Aleksandra Ołdak, Anna Rzepkowska, Konrad Zieliński
7. Improvement of ripened cheese quality and safety with Thymus mastichina L. bioactive extracts
Filipa Carvalho, Ana Rodrigues, David Manuel Gama Simões Gomes, Fernanda Maria Lopes Ferreira, Susana Pereira Dias, Carlos José Dias Pereira, Marta Helena Fernandes Henriques
8. Potential of high hydrostatic pressure to improve the production of plants used as food
Ergin Murat Altuner
9. Corrosion in electronic sensors used in the manufacturing processes decrease the quality in the seafood food industry located in the coast of Baja California, Mexico
Gustavo Lopez Badilla, Juan Manuel Terrazas Gaynor
10. Biotechnology of Ice Wine Production
Wang Jing, Antonio Morata
11. Metagenomics of Traditional Beverages
Sandra Luz Villarreal Morales, Julio Cesar Montañez Saenz, Cristóbal Noé Aguilar González, Raúl Rodríguez Herrera
12. Process Engineering Applying Supercritical Technology For Obtaining Functional And Therapeutic Products
Eric Keven Silva, Giovani L. Zabot, Grazielle Náthia-Neves, Gislaine C. Nogueira, M. Angela A. Meireles
13. Sugar beet pulp as a source of valuable biotechnological products
Joanna Berlowska, Michal Binczarski, Piotr Dziugan, Agnieszka Wilkowska, Dorota Kregiel, Izabela Witonska
14. Biofilm mitigation in food industry: mitigation using bacteriophages
M. Laxmi and Sarita G. Bhat
15. Bioactive properties and biotechnological production of human milk oligosaccharides
Maria J. Yebra, Vicente Monedero, Jesús Rodríguez-Díaz, Gonzalo N. Bidart, Jimmy E. Becerra
Advances in Biotechnology for Food Industry, Volume Fourteen in the Handbook of Food Bioengineering series, provides recent insight into how biotechnology impacts the global food industry and describes how food needs are diverse, requiring the development of innovative biotechnological processes to ensure efficient food production worldwide. Many approaches were developed over the last 10 years to allow faster, easier production of widely used foods, food components and therapeutic food ingredients. This volume shows how biotechnological processes increase production and quality of food products, including the development of anti-biofilm materials to decrease microbial colonization in bioreactors and food processing facilities.
- Presents basic to advanced technological applications in food biotechnology
- Includes various scientific techniques used to produce specific desired traits in plants, animals and microorganisms
- Provides scientific advances in food processing and their impact on the environment, human health and food safety
- Discusses the development of controlled co-cultivations for reproducible results in fermentation processes in food biotechnology
Academic and industrial professionals and researchers in Food Science, Food bioengineering, Food safety and pharmaceutical science. Food Industry personnel. Bachelor/master and advanced level students, undergraduate/graduate students in food science, animal science, food production, biology, agriculture, Vet medicine, public health
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2018
- 26th January 2018
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Grumezescu is Assistant Professor at the Department of Science and Engineering of Oxide Materials and Nanomaterials, in the Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science, with a second affiliation to the Faculty of Medical Engineering, at the Politehnica University of Bucharest in Romania. He is an experienced and oft-published researcher and editor in the field of nano and biomaterials, and he is the Editor-in-Chief of three journals: Biointerface Research in Applied Chemistry, Letters and Applied NanoBioScience, and Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering Bulletin. He also serves as editor or guest editor for several notable journals. Dr. Grumezescu has published 150 peer-reviewed papers, 20 book chapters, 6 co-authored books and 11 edited books.
Assistant Professor, Department of Science and Engineering of Oxide Materials and Nanomaterials, Faculty of Applied Chemistry and Materials Science and Faculty of Medical Engineering, Politehnica University of Bucharest, Romania
Alina-Maria Holban is a lecturer in Microbiology and Immunology, at the Faculty of Biology, University of Bucharest; and associate researcher at the University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania. Her primary area of research is the development of bionanomaterials with antimicrobial applications. Dr. Holban has published 75 papers in peer-reviewed journals, 42 conference/symposia proceedings, and has edited more than 21 edited books.
Botany and Microbiology Department, Faculty of Biology, University of Bucharest, Romania
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.