- Towards Modeling the Resistance & Resilience of ‘Below-Ground’ Fungal Communities: A Mechanistic, Trait-Based Approach
Ruth E. Falconer, Wilfred Otten and Nia A. White
- The Importance of the Microbial N Cycle in Soil for Crop Plant Nutrition
Penny R. Hirsch and Tim H. Mauchline
- Polyhydroxyalkanoates: Much More than Biodegradable Plastics
Nancy I. López, M. Julia Pettinari, Pablo I. Nikel and Beatriz S. Méndez
- Catabolism of Phenol and Its Derivatives in Bacteria: Genes, Their Regulation and Use in the Biodegradation of Toxic Pollutants
Jan Nešvera, Lenka Rucká and Miroslav Pátek
Advances in Applied Microbiology continues to be one of the most widely read and authoritative review sources in microbiology, containing comprehensive reviews of the most current research in applied microbiology.
Users will find invaluable references and information on a variety of areas, including protozoan grazing of freshwater biofilms, metals in yeast fermentation processes, the interpretation of host-pathogen dialogue through microarrays, and the role of polyamines in bacterial growth and biofilm formation.
Eclectic volumes are supplemented by thematic volumes on various topics, including Archaea and sick building syndrome.
- Contributions from leading authorities
- Informs and updates on all the latest developments in the field
- Topics discussed include protozoan grazing of freshwater biofilms, metals in yeast fermentation processes, and the interpretation of host-pathogen dialogue through microarrays, and more
All those who deal with today’s microbiology in the Medical and Biotechnological arena
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2015
- 22nd October 2015
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Geoffrey Gadd works at the University of Dundee.
University of Dundee, Dundee, Scotland
Sima Sariaslani - PhD in microbial Biochemistry - UK. Professor of microbiology/biochemistry - Iran
Research at Univ. of Calif, Riverside - US. Research at Univ. of Iowa - US. Research at DuPont Central Research and Development - US
Intellectual property - DuPont - US
DuPont Central Research and Development, Wilmington, DE, USA