- A probabilistic damage model of the dynamic fragmentation process in brittle materials (Pascal Forquin and Francois Hild);
- Peridynamic Theory of Solid Mechanics (Stewart Silling and Richard Lehoucq);
- Ductile fracture by void growth to coalescence (Amine Benzerga and J.-B. Lebond)
The Advances in Applied Mechanics book series draws together recent significant advances in various topics in applied mechanics. Published since 1948, Advances in Applied Mechanics aims to provide authoritative review articles on topics in the mechanical sciences, primarily of interest to scientists and engineers working in the various branches of mechanics. This content is also relevant to the many who use the results of investigations in mechanics in various application areas, such as aerospace, chemical, civil, environmental, mechanical and nuclear engineering.
- Covers all fields of the mechanical sciences
- Highlights classical and modern areas of mechanics that are prime for review
- Provides comprehensive coverage of applied mechanics for scientists and engineers as well as those in various application areas
Scientists and engineers working in mechanics. University librarians. Engineers requiring state-of-the-art reviews of current research topics in mechanics.
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2010
- 27th September 2010
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Department of Applied Physics, University of Groningen, Groningen, The Netherlands
Department of Engineering Science and Mechanics, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA, USA