Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Advances in Animal Genomics provides an outstanding collection of integrated strategies involving traditional and modern - omics (structural, functional, comparative and epigenomics) approaches and genomics-assisted breeding methods which animal biotechnologists can utilize to dissect and decode the molecular and gene regulatory networks involved in the complex quantitative yield and stress tolerance traits in livestock. Written by international experts on animal genomics, this book explores the recent advances in high-throughput, next-generation whole genome and transcriptome sequencing, array-based genotyping, and modern bioinformatics approaches which have enabled to produce huge genomic and transcriptomic resources globally on a genome-wide scale.
This book is an important resource for researchers, students, educators and professionals in agriculture, veterinary and biotechnology sciences that enables them to solve problems regarding sustainable development with the help of current innovative biotechnologies.
- Integrates basic and advanced concepts of animal biotechnology and presents future developments
- Describes current high-throughput next-generation whole genome and transcriptome sequencing, array-based genotyping, and modern bioinformatics approaches for sustainable livestock production
- Illustrates integrated strategies to dissect and decode the molecular and gene regulatory networks involved in complex quantitative yield and stress tolerance traits in livestock
- Ensures readers will gain a strong grasp of biotechnology for sustainable livestock production with its well-illustrated discussion
Scientists, researchers, academics in animal biotechnology, genetic engineering, food science and technology Government/non-government agencies and professionals in agriculture and livestock industry
2. From Gene to Genomics: Tools for improvement of animals
3. Transgenesis in Animals
4. Transgenic poultry
5. Stem cell technology and its application
6. Next Generation Sequencing and its application
7. RNA sequencing: A revolutionary tool for transcriptomics
8. Targeted genome editing: A new era in molecular biology
9. RNAi for livestock improvement
10. Microbial metagenomics
11. Embryo cloning
12. Molecular markers and its application in animal breeding
13. Genomic selection in animal breeding
14. Recombinant DNA technology
15. Gene therapy
16. Nanotechnology in animal production
17. Genome based vaccines
18. Bioinformatics in animal genomics
19. Ethical aspects and public perception
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 25th November 2020
- Academic Press
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Sukanta Mondal is working as Principal Scientist, National Institute of Animal Nutrition and Physiology, Bangalore, India. He has 24 years of research experience in the area of Reproductive Genomics. He published 132 research publications, written 13 book chapters and edited 2 books published by Elsevier. He is Editor in Chief of Current Research in Poultry Science. Previously he was Associate Editor of American Journal of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Asian Journal of Biotechnology, Asian Journal of Cell Biology and Biotechnology. He was awarded with G. P. Talwar Midcareer Scientist award, G. K. Pal award, DBT Overseas Associateship award and ISSRF Young Scientist Award. He was honored with Fellowships of Indian Association of Biomedical Scientists, Society for Applied Biotechnology and Indian Chemical Society.
Principal Scientist, ICAR-National Institute of Animal Nutrition and Physiology, Adugodi, Bangalore, India
Professor Ram Lakhan Singh is Vice-Chancellor of Nilamber-Pitamber University, Medininagar, India. He held position of Professor and Chair of Biochemistry at Dr. Rammanohar Lohia Avadh University, Ayodhya, India prior to joining this assignment. He has 31 years of experience as teacher and 39 years as researcher in the area of Environmental and Nutraceutical Biochemistry. Professor Singh published more than 87 research papers, written 17 book chapters and edited 6 books published by Springer, CRC and Elsevier. He guided 25 PhD students and has been invited as editorial board member of International journals. He has been awarded IUTOX Senior Fellowship in 2007 and admitted to the Fellowships of the Society of Toxicology in 2011 and Academy of Environmental Biology in 2015.
Vice-Chancellor, Nilamber-Pitamber University, Medininagar, Jharkhand, India.
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.