Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. Soil Organic Matter Formation, Persistence, and Functioning: A Synthesis of Current Understanding to Inform its Conservation and Regeneration
M. Francesca Cotrufo and Jocelyn M. Lavellee
2. Soil Health and Human Health: Mineral Thresholds, Interlinkages and Rice System in Jharkhand, India
Fatma Rekik and Harold van Es
3. Soil Health Assessment Methods: Progress, Applications and Comparison
Tingting Chang, Gary Feng, Varun Paul, Ardeshir Adeli, John P. Brooks
4. Rice Grain Quality: Where We Are and Where to go?
Jihua Cheng, Xin Lin, Yu Long, Qin Zeng, Jaijun Zhao, Peisong Hu, Junhua Peng
5. Conservation Agriculture in the Drylands of the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Region: Past Trend, Current Opportunities, Challenges and Future Outlook
Mina Devkota, Yadvinder-Singh, Yigezu Atnafe Yigezu, Isam Bashour, Rachid Mussadek, Rachid Mrabet
6. Current Status of Herbicide-resistant Weeds and their Management in the Rice-wheat Cropping System of South Asia
Simerjeet Kaur, Sachin Dhanda, Ashok Yadav, Pardeep Sagwal, Dharam Bir Yadav, Bhagirath Singh Chauhan
Advances in Agronomy, Volume 172, the latest release in this leading reference on the topic, contains a variety of updates and highlights new advances in the field, with each chapter written by an international board of authors.
- Includes numerous, timely, state-of-the-art reviews on the latest advancements in agronomy
- Features distinguished, well recognized authors from around the world
- Builds upon this venerable and iconic review series
- Covers the extensive variety and breadth of subject matter in the crop and soil sciences
Scientists and practitioners in academe, government, and industry and students in an array of fields including crop and soil sciences, agronomy, plant biology, and environmental sciences
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2022
- 1st February 2022
- Academic Press
- Hardcover ISBN:
Donald L. Sparks is the S. Hallock du Pont Chair in Soil and Environmental Chemistry, Francis Alison Professor and Director of the Delaware Environmental Institute at the University of Delaware. He is internationally recognized for his landmark research on the kinetics and mechanisms of metal/oxyanion/nutrient reactions at biogeochemical interfaces. His pioneering studies on kinetic processes in soils and minerals include the development of widely used and novel kinetic methods, elucidation of rate-limiting steps and mechanisms over a range of spatial and temporal scales, and coupling of real-time kinetic studies with in-situ molecular scale investigations. His discoveries on the speciation, formation rates and stability mechanisms of metal hydroxide surface precipitates, and their role in the retention and bioavailability of toxic metals in the terrestrial environment, have received worldwide attention. This research has led to more effective soil remediation strategies and predictive models.
He is the author or coauthor of 286 publications. These include: 11 edited books, 53 book chapters, and 219 refereed papers. He is the author of two widely adopted textbooks, Kinetics of Soil Chemical Processes and Environmental Soil Chemistry (two editions) published by Academic Press. Dr. Sparks is an ISI Highly Cited Researcher; his research has been cited more than 8380 times and his h-index is 53 (Web of Science). Dr. Sparks has served as editor of Advances in Agronomy since 1991, having edited 77 volumes. He has given over 200 invited presentations at scientific conferences throughout the world, and been a lecturer at 98 universities and institutes in North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
He has received numerous honors and awards including Fellow of five scientific societies, national and international research awards, distinguished fellowships and lectureships, and teaching and mentoring awards. He has advised 90 graduate students and postdoctoral researchers and been the recipient of more than $50 million in research funding. He served as President of both the Soil Science Society of America and the International Union of Soil Sciences.
S. Hallock du Pont Chair in Soil and Environmental Chemistry and Director, Delaware Environmental Institute, University of Delaware, Newark, DE, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.