Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- Ultrasonic welding—a modern welding technology for metals and plastics
- Fiber laser welding of Ti-6Al-4V alloy
- Advances in gas metal arc welding process: modifications in short-circuiting transfer mode
- Comprehensive analysis of gas tungsten arc welding technique for Ni-base weld overlay
- Developments in laser welding of aluminum alloys
- Evolution and current practices in friction stir welding tool design
- Magnetic pulse welding
- Laser welding of nickel-titanium (NiTi) shape memory alloys
- Hybrid welding technologies
- Modern optimization techniques for performance enhancement in welding
- Laser cladding—a modern joining technique
- A comprehensive detail of friction stir processing—with a case of fabrication of nanocomposites
- Microwave processing of polymer composites
- Equal channel angular processing—a modern deforming technique for quality products
- Fundamentals and advancements in longitudinal rolling
- Energy assisted forming: theory and applications
- Multi directional forging: an advanced deforming technique for severe plastic deformation
- Superplastic forming analysis techniques
- Current technologies for aluminum castings and their machinability
- Processing and applications of ceramic microspheres
Advanced Welding and Deforming explains the background theory, working principles, technical specifications, and latest developments on a wide range of advanced welding-joining and deforming techniques. The book's subject matter covers manufacturing, with chapters specifically addressing remanufacturing and 3D printing applications. Drawing on experts in both academia and industry, coverage addresses theoretical developments as well as practical improvements from R&D. By presenting over 35 important processes, from plasma arc welding to nano-joining and hybrid friction stir welding, this is the most complete guide to this field available.
This unique guide will allow readers to compare the characteristics of different processes, understand how they work, and create parameters for their effective implementation. As part of a 4 volume set entitled Handbooks in Advanced Manufacturing, this series also includes volumes on Advanced Machining and Finishing, Additive Manufacturing and Surface Treatment, and Sustainable Manufacturing Processes.
- Provides theory, operational parameters, and the latest developments in over 35 different processes
- Addresses new welding technologies such as additive manufacturing using wire and arc, as well as the latest developments in more traditional applications
- Introduces basic concepts in welding, joining and deformation in three introductory chapters, thus helping readers with a range of backgrounds engage with the subject matter
Graduate students, researchers, engineers and managers involved in welding research or projects. Readers at all levels involved in welding in a manufacturing context
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 17th April 2021
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Kapil Gupta is working as Associate Professor in the Dept. of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Technology at University of Johannesburg. He obtained Ph.D. in mechanical engineering with specialization in Advanced Manufacturing from Indian Institute of Technology Indore, India. Advanced machining processes, sustainable manufacturing, green machining, precision engineering and gear technology are the areas of his interest. He has authored several International Journal and Conference articles. He has also authored and edited international books on hybrid machining, advanced gear manufacturing, micro and precision manufacturing, and sustainable manufacturing. He is also serving editorial and advisory boards of international journals and conferences. He is a rated Researcher in South Africa. Currently, he is supervising many Masters and Doctorate students and hosting Postdoctoral Fellows who are conducting research in advanced and sustainable manufacturing. Sustainability and Fourth Industrial Revolutions are the major topics he is busy working on at present.
Mechanical and Industrial Engineering Technology, University of Johannesburg, Johannesburg, Republic of South Africa
J. Paulo Davim is a Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering of the University of Aveiro, Portugal. He has more than 30 years of teaching and research experience in Manufacturing, Materials and Mechanical Engineering with special emphasis in Machining & Tribology. He has also interest in Management & Industrial Engineering and Higher Education for Sustainability & Engineering Education. He has received several scientific awards, has worked as evaluator of projects for international research agencies as well as examiner of Ph.D. thesis for many universities. He is the Editor in Chief of several international journals, Guest Editor of journals, books Editor, book Series Editor and Scientific Advisory for many international journals and conferences. Presently, he is an Editorial Board member of 30 international journals and acts as reviewer for more than 80 prestigious Web of Science journals. In addition, he has also published as editor of more than 100 books and as author of more than 10 books, 60 book chapters and 400 articles in journals and conferences.
Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Aveiro, Portugal
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.