Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Advanced Water Treatment: Electrochemical Methods reviews the current state-of-the-art in the electrochemical-based methods for water treatment, the effectiveness of the electrochemical oxidation technique in inactivating different primary biofilm forming paper mill bacteria, as well as sulfide and organic material in pulp and paper mill wastewater in laboratory-scale batch experiments. Various electrodes are described, including boron-doped diamond, mixed metal oxide, PbO2, and their impacts on inactivation efficiency of parameters, such as current density and initial pH or chloride concentration of synthetic paper machine water.
The mechanisms of action of various electrodes in different systems are reported. The book is a source of information for environmental and chemical engineers due to the number of methods and industry-focused application cases and researchers who study the transition from a laboratory environment to practical applications.
- Includes the most recent research on advanced water treatment by electrochemical methods
- Describes the use of electrochemical cleaning of paper mill wastewaters
- Includes techniques for cleaning mining waters and removal of organic pollutants by electrochemical methods
Graduate and advanced undergraduate students, academic researchers and post-docs, manufacturers, consultants, process chemical engineers in the field of Chemical Engineering and Environmental Engineering
1. Electrocoagulation in the Treatment of Industrial Waters and Wastewaters
2. Ultrasound-Assisted Electrochemical Treatment of Wastewaters Containing Organic Pollutants
3. Sewage Sludge Electro-Dewatering
4. Ultrasonic and Electrokinetic Remediation of Low Permeability Soil Contaminated with Persistent Organic Pollutant
5. Electro-Oxidation Treatment of Pulp and Paper Mill Circulating Waters and Wastewaters
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2020
- 8th January 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Prof. Mika Sillanpää works at the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Florida International University, Miami, US. He has published over 700 articles in reputable journals and international conference proceedings. Prof. Sillanpää is engaged in synergistic collaboration with over 100 research partners from the world’s leading laboratories in six continents. He has received numerous awards for research and innovation. For example, he is the first laureate of Scientific Committee on the Problems of the Environment (SCOPE)’s Young Investigator Award, which was delivered at the UNESCO Conference in Shanghai 2010 for his “significant contributions, outstanding achievements, and research leadership in Environmental Technological Innovations.”. He is also a highly cited researcher by Thomson Reuters.
Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Florida International University, Miami, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.