- Provides a comprehensive introduction to wound care from types of wound and wound healing mechanisms to the importance of testing in relation to wound care
- Analyses the application of textiles to wound healing covering minor wounds, burns, ulcers and other deep skin wounds
- Reviews the current use of smart textiles for wound care including drug delivery dressings and textile-based scaffolds for tissue engineering as well as future trends
Table of Contents
- Part 1 The use of textiles in particular aspects of wound care: Wound management and dressings; Testing dressings and wound management materials; Textile materials and structures for wound care products; Interactive dressings and their role in moist wound management; Bioactive dressings to promote wound healing; Advanced textiles for wound compression; Antimicrobial textiles dressings in managing wound infection; Novel textiles in managing burns and other chronic wounds. Part 2 Types of advanced textile for wound care: Drug delivery dressings; The use of ‘smart’ textiles for wound care; Composite dressings for wound care; Textile-based scaffolds for tissue engineering.
- No. of pages: 360
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2009
- Published: April 30, 2009
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845696306
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Advanced Textiles for Wound Care"