Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Part 1. The use of textiles in particular aspects of wound care
1. Wound management and dressings
2. Testing dressings and wound management materials
3. Textile materials and structures for wound care products
4. Interactive dressings and their role in moist wound management
5. Bioactive dressings to promote wound healing
6. Advanced textiles for wound compression
7. Antimicrobial textile dressings in managing wound infection
8. Novel textiles in managing burns and other chronic wounds
Part 2. Types of advanced textiles for wound care
9. Drug delivery dressings
10. The use of 'smart' textiles for wound care
11. Composite dressings for wound care
12. Textile-based scaffolds for tissue engineering
13. Dressings for infection control management
14. Specialty dressings for managing difficult-to-heal wounds
15. Regulatory bodies and their roles associated with wound dressings
16. The role of biopolymers and biodegradable polymeric dressings in managing chronic wounds
17. Profile of current wound dressings and their characteristics: a ready-reckoner
18. Advances in fabric structures for wound care
19. Recent innovations in textile wound dressings from natural biopolymers and herbal extracts
Advanced Textiles for Wound Care, Second Edition, provides a detailed review of how textiles are incorporated into wound care applications, also explaining the importance and suitability of using textiles on different wound types. It is an interdisciplinary book which directly links textile technology with advances in wound care. The book discusses new developments and techniques related to antimicrobial dressings, the use of biopolymers in infection control management, advanced dressings for managing cavity and cancerous wounds, and the application of nanofibers and novel textile structures in scaffolds, among other new areas. This updated edition also reflects recent changes in regulatory affairs.
The book is essential reading for manufacturers, designers, scientists and producers of wound care materials. It is a valuable resource for professionals within the medical sector, as well as those in academia, enabling materials scientists and engineers in both academia, and at medical device companies, to stay abreast of new technology.
- Provides a comprehensive introduction to wound care, from the different types of wound and wound healing mechanisms, to the importance of testing in relation to wound care
- Analyzes the application of textiles to wound healing, covering minor wounds, burns, ulcers and other deep skin wounds
- Reviews the current use of smart textiles for wound care, including drug delivery dressings and textile-based scaffolds for tissue engineering
Manufacturers, designers, scientists and producers of wound care materials; Professionals within the medical sector; Academics in this field
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2019
- 26th September 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Subbiyan Rajendran (Raj), PhD AIC FICS CText FTI is Emeritus Professor at the University of Bolton, Bolton, UK. He recently held the position of Professor of Biomedical Materials and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) Champion. He is internationally recognised for his eminent research in biomedical materials and has authored 173 publications and that include 5 books, 6 monographs, 21 book chapters and 8 patents. In addition to academic activities, Raj is actively involved in Textile Institute’s affairs for many years. He is a Fellow of the Textile Institute (TI) and is currently representing its Council and Professional Qualifications Award Committee (PQAC), and was Chair for PQAC for 4 years. He is the recipient of a prestigious Research Fellowship award from the United Nations Industrial Development Organisation (UNIDO).
Emeritus Professor at the University of Bolton, Bolton, UK