Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Advanced Processing, Properties, and Applications of Starch and Other Bio-based Polymers presents the latest cutting-edge research into the processing and applications of bio-based polymers, for novel industrial applications across areas including biomedical and electronics. The book is divided into three sections, covering processing and manufacture, properties, and applications. Throughout the book, key aspects of sustainability are considered, including improved utilization of available natural resources, sustainable design possibilities, cleaner production processes, and waste management.
- Focuses on starch-based polymers, examining the latest advances in processing and applications with this valuable category of biopolymer
- Highlights industrial sustainability considerations at all steps of the process, including when sourcing materials, designing and producing products, and dealing with waste
- Supports the processing and development of starch and other bio-based polymers with enhanced functionality for advanced applications
Researchers and advanced students in biopolymers, polymer science, materials science, nanotechnology, and polymer chemistry. Industrial R&D and scientists working with bio-based polymers
1. Biopolymer composites and sustainability
2. Processing of thermoplastic starch
3. The potential use of natural resin as matrix of natural fiber composites
4. Processing and characterization of corn/sugar palm fiber reinforced corn starch biopolymer hybrid composite
5. Development and processing of PLA, PHA and other types of biopolymer
6. Nano-cellulose/starch biopolymer nanocomposites: Processing, manufacturing and application
7. Thermomechanical properties of sago starch based Biocomposites
8. Properties and characterization of PLA, PHA and other types of biopolymer composite
9. Metal nanoparticle incorporated bioresin
10. Electrospun cellulose acetate nanofibers: Characterizations and applications
11. Medical implementations of biopolymers
12. Modern electrical applications of biopolymer
13. Biopolymers in building materials
14. Bioplastics for sustainable packaging
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2021
- 31st July 2020
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Faris M. AL-Oqla is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, The Hashemite University, Jordan. During his professional career, Dr. AL-Oqla has been involved in dozens of research funded projects and his research has been recognized worldwide especially in the area of Bio-composite technology and materials selection. He has several publications in high impact Science Citation Index journals and 7 chapters in books in the field of sustainable materials and decision making selection models.
The Hashemite University, Jordan
S.M. Sapuan is Professor of Composite Materials at Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia. He earned his B.Eng degree in Mechanical Engineering from University of Newcastle, Australia in 1990, MSc from Loughborough University, UK in 1994, and Ph.D from De Montfort University, UK in 1998. His research interests include natural fiber composites, materials selection, and concurrent engineering. To date Prof. Sapuan has authored or co-authored more than 1300 publications international journals (629 papers), books (17), edited books (13), chapters in books (91) and conference proceedings/seminars (597 papers).
Professor of Composite Materials, University Putra Malaysia, Serdang, Malaysia
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.