- Investigates how HSDI and DI engines can meet ever more stringent emission legislation
- Examines technologies for both light-duty and heavy-duty diesel engines
- Discusses exhaust emission control strategies, combustion diagnostics and modelling
Table of Contents
- Part 1 Light-duty direct injection diesel engines: Overview of high-speed direct injection diesel engines; Fuel injection systems for high-speed direct injection diesel engines; Mixture formation, combustion and pollutant emissions in high-speed direct injection diesel engines; Multiple injection diesel combustion process in the high-speed direct injection diesel engine by optical diagnostics; Turbocharging and air-path management for light-duty diesel engines; Advanced concepts for future light-duty diesel engines; Advanced control and engine management for future light-duty diesel engines. Part 2 Heavy-duty direct injection diesel engines: Overview of heavy-duty diesel engines; Fuel injection systems for heavy-duty diesel engines; Turbocharging technologies for heavy-duty diesel engines; Alternative combustion system for heavy-duty diesel engines; Heavy-duty diesel engine system design. Part 3 Exhaust emission abatement, diesel combustion diagnostics and modelling: Fuel reforming for diesel engines; Exhaust gas after treatment for light-duty diesel engines; Overview of diesel emissions and control for heavy-duty diesel engines; Optical diagnostics in diesel combustion engines; In-cylinder spray, mixing, combustion, and pollutant-formation processes in conventional and low-temperature-combustion diesel engines; Advanced computational fluid dynamics modelling of direct injection engines.
- No. of pages: 748
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Woodhead Publishing 2009
- Published: December 18, 2009
- Imprint: Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781845697457
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Advanced Direct Injection Combustion Engine Technologies and Development"