Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
- A Perspective on Bioprocessing for Biofuels, Bio-Based Chemicals, and Bioproducts
2. Metabolic Engineering and Genetic Manipulation of Novel Biomass Species for Biofuel Production
3. Subcritical Hydrolysis Contribution in the Holistic Biorefinery Concept: Obtaining Bioproducts and Biofuels From Renewable Natural Resources for a Novel Bioeconomy
4. Thermochemical, Biological, Biochemical, and Hybrid Conversion Methods of Bio-derived Molecules into Renewable Fuels
5. Biological Production of Alcohols
6. Biobutanol Production
7. Uses of Enzymes for Biodiesel Production
8. Recent Trends and Advances in Glycerol-Free Biodiesel Production
9. Lignin: Understanding and Exploring Its Potential for Biofuel Production
10. Bioconversion and Chemical Conversion of Biogas for Fuel Production
11. An Approach Toward Cellulase Production, Bioconversion, and Utilization
12. Bioconversion of Agricultural Wastes From the Livestock Industry for Biofuel and Feed Production
13. Producing Animal Feed as a Coproduct of Biorefining
14. Electro-Fermentation—Microbial Electrochemistry as New Frontier in Biomass Refineries and Industrial Fermentations
15. Biohydrogen Production From Renewable Resources
16. Multipurpose Use of Microalgae to Treat Municipal Wastewater and Produce Biofuels
17. Algae as a Source of Microcrystalline Cellulose
18. Liquid Biofuels From Microalgae: Recent Trends
19. Assessing Microalgae Sustainability as a Feedstock for Biofuels
20. Production of Microalgae-Derived High-Protein Biomass to Enhance Food for Animal Feedstock and Human Consumption
Advanced Bioprocessing for Alternative Fuels, Bio-based Chemicals, and Bioproducts: Technologies and Approaches for Scale-Up and Commercialization demonstrates novel systems that apply advanced bioprocessing technologies to produce biofuels, bio-based chemicals, and value-added bioproducts from renewable sources. The book presents the use of novel oleaginous microorganisms and utilization strategies for applications of advanced bioprocessing technology in biofuels production and thoroughly depicts the technological breakthroughs of value added bioproducts. It also aides in the design, evaluation and production of biofuels by describing metabolic engineering and genetic manipulation of biofuels feedstocks.
Users will find a thorough overview of the most recent discoveries in biofuels research and the inherent challenges associated with scale up. Emphasis is placed on technological milestones and breakthroughs in applications of new bioprocessing technologies for biofuels production. Its essential information can be used to understand how to incorporate advanced bioprocessing technologies into the scaling up of laboratory technologies to industrial applications while complying with biofuels policies and regulations.
- Presents the use of novel oleaginous microorganisms and utilization strategies for the applications of advanced technologies in biofuels production
- Provides a basis for technology assessments, progress and advances, as well as the challenges associated with biofuels at industrial scale
- Describes, in detail, technologies for metabolic engineering and genetic manipulation of biofuels feedstocks, thus aiding in the design, evaluation and production of advanced biofuels
Researchers and engineers in the field of biomass and biofuels including chemical engineers, biochemical engineers, bioprocess engineers, agricultural engineers, environmental engineers, and bioengineers alongside biofuel oriented, industrial and scholastic chemists, biotechnologists, microbiologists, life science, environmental science, and doctoral students as well as other researchers who are actively studying this subject matter
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2019
- 28th February 2019
- Woodhead Publishing
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Dr. Majid Hosseini has earned both his Ph.D. and M.S. degrees in Chemical Engineering from The University of Akron in Ohio, United States, while also holding a professional certificate in Innovation and Technology from Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Massachusetts, United States. He has also completed an MSE degree in Manufacturing Engineering at UTRGV in Texas, United States and a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering at Sharif University of Technology in Tehran, Iran. Dr. Hosseini is the editor of multiple high caliber books, has published several peer reviewed research articles and book chapters, and has co-invented patents application technologies. He has served as a key speaker at multiple international conferences and has been actively engaged in technology development. In recognition of his contributions to science and service, he has received several awards and certificate of recognitions. Dr. Hosseini’s research interests, expertise, and experiences are diverse, ranging from biofuels and bioenergy, bioprocess engineering and development, industrial biotechnology, and sustainability to smart bio/nanomaterials, smart polymers and coatings, nanoparticles, and bio/nanotechnology.
Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering Department, College of Engineering and Computer Science, The University of Texas-Rio Grande Valley, TX, USA