1. Transthoracic Three-Dimensional Echocardiography
2. Advanced Echocardiography Approaches: 3D Transesophageal Assessment of the Mitral Valve
3. Two-Dimensional and Three-Dimensional Echocardiographic Evaluation of the Right Ventricle
4. Transthoracic and Transesophageal Echocardiography in the Catheterization Laboratory
5. Intracardiac Echocardiography for Common Interventions on Structural Heart Disease 73
6. Strain and Strain Rate Imaging
7. Assessing Twist and Torsion
8. Echocardiographic Tools for Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy
9. Contrast Perfusion Echocardiography
10. Evaluation of Coronary Blood Flow by Echo Doppler
11. Stress Testing for Structural Heart Disease
12. Multimodality Cardiac Imaging—When Is Echo Not Enough?
Advanced Approaches in Echocardiography- a volume in the exciting new Practical Echocardiography Series edited by Dr. Catherine M. Otto - provides practical, how-to guidance on advanced and challenging echocardiographic techniques such as 3D echo, contrast echo, strain echo, and intracardiac echo. Definitive, expert instruction from Drs. Linda D. Gillam and Catherine M. Otto is presented in a highly visual, case-based approach that facilitates understanding and equips you to master these difficult and cutting-edge modalities. Access the full text online at www.expertconsult.com along with cases, procedural videos and abundant, detailed figures and tables that show you how to proceed, step by step, and get the best results.
- Master new and advanced echocardiography techniques such as 3D echocardiography, contrast echocardiography, strain echocardiography, and intracardiac echocardiography through a practical, step-by-step format that provides a practical approach to image acquisition and analysis, technical details, pitfalls, and case examples.
- Tap into the knowledge and experience of two noted authorities in the field: Dr. Linda D. Gillam, former president of the American Society of Echocardiography, and world-renowned echocardiography expert and author Dr. Catherine M. Otto.
- Reference the information you need quickly thanks to easy-to-follow, templated chapters, with an abundance of figures and tables that facilitate visual learning.
- Access the complete text and illustrations online at www.expertconsult.com plus video clips, additional cases, and much more!
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2012
- 19th December 2011
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Chair of Cardiovascular Medicine, Atlantic Health System, Morristown, New Jersey
Catherine M Otto, MD, is Editor-in-Chief of Heart, J. Ward Kennedy-Hamilton Endowed Chair in Cardiology and Professor of Medicine at the University of Washington in Seattle. Dr Otto has combined echocardiography and valve disease expertise. She is a prolific and reliable editor, editing five other Elsevier echocardiography titles ranging from educational content for cardiologists and technicians (Textbook of Clinical Echocardiography, Echocardiography Review Guide) to practitioner references (The Practice of Echocardiography, Intraoperative and Interventional Echocardiography) and a title in Braunwald’s Companion series Valvular Heart Disease.
Editor-in-Chief, Heart, J. Ward Kennedy-Hamilton Endowed Chair in Cardiology. Professor of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.