Advanced Applications in Manufacturing Engineering presents the latest research and development in manufacturing engineering across a range of areas, treating manufacturing engineering on an international and transnational scale. It considers various tools, techniques, strategies and methods in manufacturing engineering applications. With the latest knowledge in technology for engineering design and manufacture, this book provides systematic and comprehensive coverage on a topic that is a key driver in rapid economic development, and that can lead to economic benefits and improvements to quality of life on a large-scale.
- Presents the latest research and developments in manufacturing engineering
- Covers a comprehensive spread of manufacturing engineering areas for different tasks
- Discusses tools, techniques, strategies and methods in manufacturing engineering applications
- Considers manufacturing engineering at an international and transnational scale
- Enables the reader to learn advanced applications in manufacturing engineering
Manufacturing engineers, postgraduate students and researchers in engineering; engineers; research scientists involved in manufacture engineering; and professionals and researchers involved with policy making.
1. Methodology for selection and application of eco-efficiency indicators fostering decision-making and communication at product level – the case of moulds for injection moudling
2. Fabrication of magnetic tunnel junctions
3. Effect of Equipment’s Failure on Gas Turbine Power Plant
4. Additive manufacturing in injection moulds – life cycle engineering for technology selection
5. Manufacturing Engineering Requirements in the Early Stages of New Product Development - A Case Study in Two Assembly Plants
6. Development of SMEs coping model for operations advancement in manufacturing technology
7. Applications of Computational Methods in Manufacturing Processes
8. Study of turbulent plane circular jet for modulation of recirculation zone behind a cubical obstruction
- No. of pages:
- © Woodhead Publishing 2019
- 31st October 2018
- Woodhead Publishing
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Mangey Ram is currently Head of the Department and Assistant Dean (International Affairs) at Graphic Era University, India. He is Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Mathematical, Engineering and Management Sciences, as well as Executive Associate Editor of the Journal of Reliability and Statistical Studies. Prof. Ram has published 77 research papers and presented his works at national and international conferences. His research interests are in reliability theory and applied mathematics.
Graphic Era (Deemed to be University), India
J. Paulo Davim received the Ph.D. degree in Mechanical Engineering in 1997, the M.Sc. degree in Mechanical Engineering (materials and manufacturing processes) in 1991, the Mechanical Engineering degree (5 years) in 1986, from the University of Porto (FEUP), the Aggregate title (Full Habilitation) from the University of Coimbra in 2005 and the D.Sc. from London Metropolitan University in 2013. He is Eur Ing by FEANI-Brussels and Senior Chartered Engineer by the Portuguese Institution of Engineers with a MBA and Specialist title in Engineering and Industrial Management. Currently, he is Professor at the Department of Mechanical Engineering of the University of Aveiro, Portugal. He has more than 30 years of teaching and research experience in Manufacturing, Materials and Mechanical Engineering with special emphasis in Machining & Tribology. He has also interest in Management & Industrial Engineering and Higher Education for Sustainability & Engineering Education. He has guided large numbers of postdoc, Ph.D. and masters students as well as coordinated & participated in several research projects. He has received several scientific awards. He has worked as evaluator of projects for international research agencies as well as examiner of Ph.D. thesis for many universities. He is the Editor in Chief of several international journals, Guest Editor of journals, books Editor, book Series Editor and Scientific Advisory for many international journals and conferences. Presently, he is an Editorial Board member of 25 international journals and acts as reviewer for more than 80 prestigious Web of Science journals. In addition, he has also published as editor (and co-editor) more than 100 books and as author (and co-author) more than 10 books, 80 book chapters and 400 articles in journals and conferences (more than 200 articles in journals indexed in Web of Science core collection/h-index 45+/6000+ citations and SCOPUS/h-index 52+/8000+ citations).
Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Aveiro, Portugal