If you are just starting to work with digital images and want great results fast, this complete, easy-to-follow guide is the one for you. As you take your first steps into the magical world of digital imaging, you'll rapidly gain mastery. Everything you need to make your once-in-a-lifetime photos look like a pro shot them is here–with real-life examples and hands-on projects from author and professional photographer Philip Andrews. Become skilled at how to capture superb images from the start as Philip guides you in plain-English through real-life examples.
Then get the most out of your digital camera with this thoroughly updated book on Elements 5.0. It’s a snap to prepare your photos for email, your website, or top-quality printouts–whether your shots are from a digital or traditional camera. Packed with tips, hints, hundreds of visual examples, and step-by-step tutorials, this book shows you exactly how to:Color-correct skin tones, isolate foreground subjects, extract people and objects from their backgrounds, create slide shows, fix red-eye, share images online, and more…
- Create Album pages quickly and easily with new Elements 5.0 only features
- Create, customise and upload your own professionally produce web gallery in under 5 minutes Create stunning effects with easy, step-by-step techniques to get results fast Compose amazing panoramas, create slide shows, or design fun greeting cards Print, back up, and organize your pictures for best results. Achieve proficiency with techniques like selections and layers, text, and painting and drawing tools Demystify all the new features in Elements 5.0 to fine-tune your photography, including Photo Creations and the Artwork and Effects palette, with essential new information on using Raw files
And much, much more….
- Save valuable time with this successful introduction to digital imaging written in Philip's trademark no-nonsense style
- Fully updated to cover all the new Elements 5.0 features
- See how to put each technique into practice with real-life examples
- Be inspired with hundreds of full color, high-quality illustrations
All Photoshop Elements users worldwide - amateur photographers, hobbyists and business users. Amateur/consumer level digital camera owners.
The Buzz of Digital Photography; Introducing Photoshop Elements 5.0; First Steps; Simple Image Changes; Hands on Techniques; Using Selections and Layers; Combining Text with Your Images; Using Elements’ Painting and Drawing Tools; Creating Great Panoramas; Preparing Images for the Web or E-mail; Preparing Images for Printing; Photo Creations; Managing Your Files; Theory into Practice: Real Life Elements Projects; Where to go From Here; Appendixes
- No. of pages:
- © Focal Press 2007
- 10th November 2006
- Focal Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Philip Andrews is Adobe Australia's official Photoshop and Elements Ambassador. He is an experienced photographer, author, magazine editor and online course creator. He was previously a lecturer at the Queensland School of Printing and Graphic Arts, Australia and Nescot, England. He is a beta tester for Photoshop, an alpha tester for Photoshop Elements and a Photoshop specialist demonstrator for Adobe Australia. Contributing numerous articles and videos to AdobeTV and the inspirational browser, Philip is a leading source in adobe information and instruction. Philip is also co-founder of photo-college.com an online photography training college. He's a regular contributor to several magazines including Shutterbug, Amateur Photographer, Australian Photography and Better Photography, he is senior contributing editor for Better Digital, columnist for What Digital Camera and Co-editor and publisher of Better Photoshop Techniques magazine.
A professional photographer with over 25 years of experience and proud Adobe Ambassador for the company’s digital imaging products.
"Philip's friendly style makes learning Photoshop Elements a breeze. This book gives you everything you need to feel like a digital pro in no time at all." Richard Coencas, Photoshop Elements Quality Engineer Lead, Adobe