This extensively revised and redesigned edition of Adams's classic textbook on orthopaedics celebrates its 50th year in print. Renown for its clear, comprehensive and concise account of the subject the book will appeal to undergraduate, postgraduate and trainee surgeons alike.
- New edition of an internationally respected and successful textbook of orthopaedics.
- Gives succinct practical guidance on examination of the limbs and spine - especially useful for exam candidates.
- Provides up-to-date surgical therapies as well as conservative treatment options for orthopaedic conditions.
- Highly praised by reviewers for its clear and lucid text, and for its logical classification of orthopaedic conditions.
Part 1 Principles of diagnosis and treatment.
1. Clinical methods of history taking and examination
2. Imaging for orthopaedics
3. Other investigation techniques
4. Treatment of orthopaedic disorders
Part 2 General survey of orthopaedic disorders
5. Deformities and congenital disorders
6. General affections of the skeleton
7. Infections of bone and joints
8. Bone tumours and other local conditions
9. Arthritis and other joint disorders
10. Soft tissue tumours and other diseases
11. Neurological disorders
Part 3 Regional orthopaedics
12. Neck and cervical spine
13. Trunk and spine
14. The shoulder region
15. The upper arm and elbow
16. The forearm, wrist, and hand
17. The hip region
18. The thigh and knee
19. The leg, ankle, and foot
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2010
- 9th September 2009
- Churchill Livingstone
- eBook ISBN:
Emeritus Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Glasgow, Visiting Professor, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK
Professor of Orthopaedics and Trauma, University of Edinburgh, UK