- Print ISBN 9781455728961
- Electronic ISBN 9780323227537
- Intervention algorithms, tables, boxes, and clinical tips highlight key information about the acute care environment in a format that makes finding and digesting information easy.
- The major body system chapters provide the evidence-based information you need to understand the complex issues of patients in the acute care environment so you can optimally manage the needs of your patients.
- Current information on medications, laboratory tests, diagnostics, and intervention methods relevant to patients in the acute care environment illustrates how the acute care environment can impact these elements.
- Clinical tips highlight key points and provide access to the tips and tricks accumulated over a career by an experienced clinician.
- Language consistent with the Guide to Physical Therapist Practice, 2nd Edition offers common linguistic ground through the use of Guide standards.
- Lay-flat pages and uncluttered design make the book easier to use as a quick reference.
Part 1: Introduction
1. The Acute Care Setting
2. The Medical Record
Part 2: Systems
3. Cardiac System
4. Respiratory System
5. Musculoskeletal System
Appendix:Management and Physical Therapy Interventions for Fractures
6. Nervous System
7. Vascular System and Hematology
8. Gastrointestinal System
9. Genitourinary System
10. Endocrine System
Part 3: Diagnoses
12. Burns and Wounds
13. Infectious Diseases
Appendix: Disorders of Altered Immunity
14. Organ Transplantation
15. Fluid and Electrolyte Imbalances
17. Physical Therapy Considerations for Patients who Complain of Chest Pain
Part 4: Interventions
18. Medical-Surgical Equipment in the Acute Care Setting
Appendix: Mechanical Ventilation
Appendix: Circulatory Assist Devices
19. Pharmacologic Agents
20. Anesthesia: Perioperative and Postoperative Considerations
21. Pain Management
22. Postural Drainage
23. Functional Tests
- No. of pages:
- © 2014
- 25th September 2013
- Print ISBN:
- Electronic ISBN: