ACUPUNCTURE IN PREGNANCY AND CHILDBIRTH is a concise highly illustrated and practical guide to using acupuncture to treat women throughout their pregnancy and labour. Drawing on an unparalleled wealth of experience as a midwife and an acupuncturist, the author has produced a book accessible to both acupuncture students and practitioners covering physiology related to pregnancy and childbirth, illuminating links between Western knowledge and acupuncture approaches and suggesting points and point combinations for particular stages and actions during pregnancy and labour.
- Highly illustrated with summary boxes and guidelines
- Covers nutritional aspects of pregnancy
- Gives practical advice and instruction on the use of acupuncture through the four trimesters of pregnancy and labour
- Uses case examples to further illustrate the text
Western Medical Glossary
1. Planning for a healthy baby
3. Nutrition in pregnancy
4. Antenatal care explained
5. First trimester: 1 to 12 weeks
6. Second trimester: 13 to 28 weeks
7. Third trimester: 28 to 40 weeks
8. High risk pregnancies
9. Abnormal positions of the fetus
10.Preparation for labour
12. First stage of labour
13. Second stage of labour
14. Third stage of labour
15. Postnatal period-the fourth trimester
16. Classical Five Element acupuncture and its use in postnatal depression
Appendix Standard international nomenclature for the 14 meridians
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2008
- 16th January 2008
- Churchill Livingstone
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Midwife, and Acupuncturist, Banbury, Oxfordshire, UK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.