- Electronic ISBN 9781483293622
- Print ISBN 9780444896070
The Active Library® on Corrosion (ALC) presents a vast amount of practical corrosion information, consisting of text and graphics (including hundreds of full-color photographs), which you can access through hypertext linking.
The ALC contains several numerical and textual databases, which can be accessed via the unique reference cube and via various search options. The ALC allows you (1) to select screen sequences for storage in document trails which can be retrieved afterwards, (2) make annotations to information screens via the sticky note editor, and (3) to print the documents selected by you.
The Active Library® on Corrosion is aimed primarily at the individual corrosion engineer, but will also prove to be an indispensable educational tool for courses on corrosion, as well as an invaluable reference for scientific and technical personnel who deal with any corrosion topic. The unique user interface and functions of the ALC will also be of great interest to students and researchers in the fields of hypertext, media technology and information retrieval.
The Active Library® on Corrosion has been designed to run under Microsoft® Windows® 3.1, on IBM® PC-AT's and compatibles. The minimum requirements are:
- IBM® or IBM-compatible PC, with a 80286 or higher processor - 2 MB or more free RAM
- MS-DOS® 3.3 or higher
- Microsoft® Windows® 3.0 (or 3.1) installed
- Microsoft® Windows® compatible mouse or other pointing device
- VGA graphics adapter with at least 512 kB display memory and Microsoft® Windows® driver for 256 colors