Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
Acquisition and Processing of Marine Seismic Data demonstrates the main principles, required equipment, and suitable selection of parameters in 2D/3D marine seismic data acquisition, as well as theoretical principles of 2D marine seismic data processing and their practical implications. Featuring detailed datasets and examples, the book helps to relate theoretical background to real seismic data. This reference also contains important QC analysis methods and results both for data acquisition and marine seismic data processing.
Acquisition and Processing of Marine Seismic Data is a valuable tool for researchers and students in geophysics, marine seismics, and seismic data, as well as for oil and gas exploration.
- Contains simple step-by-step diagrams of the methodology used in the processing of seismic data to demonstrate the theory behind the applications
- Combines theory and practice, including extensive noise, QC, and velocity analyses, as well as examples for beginners in the seismic operations market
- Includes simple illustrations to provide to the audience an easy understanding of the theoretical background
- Contains enhanced field data examples and applications
Earth scientists, particularly geophysicists, and professionals in the oil and gas industry
2. Marine Seismic Data Acquisition
3. Noise in Marine Seismics
4. Fundamentals in Data Processing
7. Suppression of Multiple Reflections
8. CDP Sort
9. Velocity Analysis
10. NMO Correction and Stacking
11. Seismic Migration
12. Special Methods
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2018
- 13th March 2018
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Derman Dondurur is a research professor at the Institute of Marine Sciences and Technology at Dokuz Eylül University, Turkey. He has been working single and multichannel seismic data acquisition for more than 15 years onboard the research vessel RV K. Piri Reis, where he lead the collection and processing of marine seismic data, QC processes, and parameter determination and testing applications during the acquisition and processing. He was the coordinator of several research and investigation projects, both scientific and private, along with the private oil companies and research institutions, which included offshore seismic data acquisition and processing applications for several years.
Research Professor, Institute of Marine Science and Technology, Dokuz Eylul University, Turkey
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.