This easy-to-read reference presents a succinct overview of clinically-focused topics covering the prevention, treatment, and rehabilitation of ACL injuries in the female athlete. Written by two professional team physicians, it provides practical, focused information for orthopaedic and sports medicine surgeons and physicians.
- Covers ACL injury risk factors and prevention, including biomechanics, biology, and anatomy of the female athlete.
- Discusses graft choices, the biology of healing, rehabilitation and return to play, future options for treatment, and more.
- Addresses special considerations such as pediatric ACL and revision ACL.
- Consolidates today’s available information and experience in this timely area into one convenient resource.
1. Injury Epidemic
2. Risk Factors: Biomechanics, Biology, and Anatomy
3. ACL Prevention Programs Overview
4. ACL Anatomy
5. ACL Graft Choices in the Female Athlete
6. Biology of Healing after ACL Reconstruction
7. Special Considerations: Pediatric ACL
8. Special Considerations: Revision ACL
9. Rehabilitation and Return to Play after ACL Reconstruction
10. Future Options: biologic augmentation, graft choices
11. Psychology of Return to Play after ACL Injury
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier 2019
- 11th December 2018
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN: