- Despite the relatively large number of textbooks on the topic there is no up-to-date book on abstracting in the English language
- In addition to providing a comprehensive coverage of the topic, the proposed book contains novel views - especially on informative and indicative abstracts
- The discussion is based on an interdisciplinary approach, blending the methods of library and information science and linguistics
Table of Contents
- Definitions; The characteristics of the abstract; What does an abstractor have to know? The practice of abstracting: structure, processes and language; The practice of abstracting: examples; Beyond language and style; Conclusion.
- No. of pages: 236
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Chandos Publishing 2010
- Published: March 15, 2010
- Imprint: Chandos Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781780630328
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Abstracts and Abstracting"