A Practical Guide to Protein and Peptide Purification for Microsequencing
Free Global ShippingNo minimum order
Why a Second Edition?The Second Edition provides practical answers to the general question, "How can I obtain useful sequence information from my protein or peptide?" rather than the more specific question asked in the first edition, "How can I obtain the N-terminal sequence?" Important new methods include ways of dealing with blocked N termini, computer analysis of protein sequences, and the recent revolution in mass spectrometry.
- Mass spectrophotometric characterization of proteins and peptides
- N-terminal sequencing of proteins with blocked N termini
- Internal amino acid sequence analysis after protease digestion in-gel and on-blot
- Improved microscale peptide purification methods
- Computer analysis of protein sequences
- New protocols tested and refined through everyday use in authors' laboratories
- Updated reference chapter covering all aspects of protein microsequencing
Researchers and students at all levels in cell, developmental, and molecular biology, protein biochemistry and biophysics, neurobiology, pharmacology, immunology, parasitology, virology, genetics, plant science, biotechnology, and other biomedical/biological areas
Table of Contents
- Introduction. Strategies for Obtaining Partial Amino Acid Sequence Data from Small Quantities (5nmol) of Pure of Partially Purified Protein. Enzymatic Digestion of Proteins and HPLC Peptide Isolation. Purification of Proteins and Peptides By SDS-PAGE. Internal Amino Acid Sequence Analysis of Proteins After in Situ Protease Digestion on Nitrocellulose. Mass Spectrometric Strategies for the Structural Characterization of Proteins. Appendix. References. General Reference Books on Protein Microsequencing Methodologies.
- No. of pages: 184
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2012
- Published: May 20, 1993
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080924618
- Paperback ISBN: 9780124802827
About the Editor
Affiliations and Expertise
Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research and Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, U.S.A.
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "A Practical Guide to Protein and Peptide Purification for Microsequencing"