Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
1. An Overview of Sustainability and Plastics: A Multifaceted, Relative and Scalable concept
2. Plastics Overview: Outline of the Current Situation of Plastics
3. Metrics of Sustainability in Plastics: Indicators, Standards, and Software
4. Easy Measures Relating to Improved Plastics Sustainability
5. Eco-design Rules for Plastics Sustainability
6. Environmental and Engineering Data to Support Eco-design for Plastics
7. Advanced Environmental and Engineering Properties to Support Eco-design for Plastics
8. Economics Relating to Fossil and Renewable Plastics
9. Recycling of Plastics, Advantages and Limitation of Use
10. Transition of Plastics to Renewable Feedstock and Raw Materials
11. Plastics Sustainability: Drivers and Obstacles
12. Plastics Sustainability: Prospective
A Practical Guide to Plastics Sustainability: Concept, Solutions, and Implementation is a groundbreaking reference work offering a broad, detailed and highly practical vision of the complex concept of sustainability in plastics. The book's aim is to present a range of potential pathways towards more sustainable plastics parts and products, enabling the reader to further integrate the idea of sustainability into their design process. It begins by introducing the context and concept of sustainability, discussing perceptions, drivers of change, key factors, and environmental issues, before presenting a detailed outline of the current situation with types of plastics, processing, and opportunities for improved sustainability.
Subsequent chapters focus on the different possibilities for improved sustainability, offering a step-by-step technical approach to areas including design, properties, renewable plastics, and recycling and re-use. Each of these pillars are supported by data, examples, analysis and best practice guidance. Finally, the latest developments and future possibilities are considered.
- Approaches the idea of sustainability from numerous angles, offering practical solutions to improve sustainability in the development of plastic components and products
- Explains how sustainability can be applied across plastics design, materials selection, processing, and end of life, all set alongside socioeconomic factors
- Considers key areas of innovation, such as eco-design, novel opportunities for recycling or re-use, bio-based polymers and new technologies
Academic: Researchers and advanced students in plastics engineering, polymer science, sustainability, environmental science, materials science, mechanical engineering, and chemical engineering
- No. of pages:
- © William Andrew 2020
- 24th April 2020
- William Andrew
- Hardcover ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Michel Biron is a plastics consultant based in Les Ulis, France, and is a Graduate Chemist Engineer from the Institut National Supérieur de Chimie Industrielle
de Rouen and Polymer Specialist from the Institut Français du Caoutchouc. He has authored numerous technical papers and books on plastics.
Plastics Consultant, Les Ulis, France
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.