A Practical Companion to Reservoir Stimulation
Free Global ShippingNo minimum order
This workbook is a practical companion to the second edition of the textbook Reservoir Stimulation. The two books are intended to be used together. This new volume should be particularly useful for the training of new engineers and petroleum engineering students, as it contains approximately 100 problems and their solutions, plus a lengthy chapter giving data necessary for designing a stimulation treatment. Chapters are included containing practical problems on reservoir and well considerations, rock mechanics, fracturing fluids and proppants, fracture calibration treatments, design and modeling of propped fractures, evaluation of fracture treatments, design of matrix treatments, diversion and treatment evaluation, design and performance of acid fractures and stimulation of horizontal wells. These chapters are labeled with letters from A to J to distinguish them from their companion chapters in Reservoir Stimulation. Equations, figures and tables from the textbook are referred to in the workbook but are not reproduced.
Table of Contents
- Introduction. A. Reservoir and Well Considerations. B. Rock Mechanics. C. Fracturing Fluids and Proppants. D. Fracture Calibration Treatments. E. Design and Modeling of Propped Fractures. F. Evaluation of Treatments and Postfracture Performance. G. Design of Matrix Treatments. H. Diversion and Treatment Evaluation. I. Design and Performance of Acid Fractures. J. Stimulation of Horizontal Wells. P. Practical Considerations for Fracture Treatment Design. Nomenclature.
- No. of pages: 87
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 1992
- Published: January 3, 1992
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN: 9780080868929
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Mining University Leoben, Leoben, Austria
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "A Practical Companion to Reservoir Stimulation"