1 Mentoring Today
2 Mentoring and the NMC
3 Preparing for Students
4 Understanding the Practice Assessment Document
5 Orientation and the Initial Interview
6 Giving Feedback
7 The Midpoint Interview
8 Supporting the Failing Student
9 The Final Interview
10 The Role of the Sign-off Mentor
11 Mentoring Students with Disabilities
12 Mentoring Challenges
13 Using Simulated Learning
14 Evaluating the Learning Experience
Appendix: The developmental framework to support learning and assessment in practice
Are you mentoring students or other staff?
This is an indispensable handbook for:
- both new and experienced mentors seeking practical advice
- academic staff who deliver mentorship programmes
- link lecturers who support mentors in practice.
- Guidance and tips on supporting and assessing
- Understanding accountability – mapping to NMC standards
- Skills focus, using case studies
- Hints, tips, insights and humour
- Supporting the student with a disability
- Using simulated learning
- The role of the sign-off mentor
- No. of pages:
- © Churchill Livingstone 2011
- 28th January 2011
- Churchill Livingstone
- Paperback ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Head of Programmes - Preregistration Nursing / Deputy Head of School, Faculty of Health, Social Care and Education, Kingston University and St George's, University of London, Kingston Hill Campus, Kingston Upon Thames, United Kingdom
Learning Community Education Advisor, Practice Education Support Unit, Faculty of Health and Human Sciences, Thames Valley University, Brentford, UK
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.