- Computer-oriented material that complements the essential topics in multivariable calculus
- Main ideas presented with examples of computations and graphics displays using MATLAB
- Numerous examples of short code in the text, which can be modified for use with the exercises
- MATLAB files are used to implement graphics displays and contain a collection of mfiles which can serve as demos
Table of Contents
- Basic MATLAB: The Command Line.
Basic MATLAB: mfiles.
Vectors, Lines and Planes.
Curves in Space.
Functions of Two Variables.
Functions of Three Variables and Parametric Surfaces.
Scalar Integrals over Curves and Surfaces.
Integrals of Vector Fields Over Curves and Surfaces.
Problems from Electrostatics and Fluid Flow.
More Features of MATLAB.
Appendix: Instructor Demos.
Solutions to Selected Exercises.
- No. of pages: 294
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Academic Press 2001
- Published: December 18, 2000
- Imprint: Academic Press
- eBook ISBN: 9780080489360
- Paperback ISBN: 9780121876258
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "A Matlab Companion for Multivariable Calculus"