- Despite the coverage of ethical issues in books on copyright, freedom of information, public internet access, and data protection, this book fills the gap in drawing all of this information together, as one sourcebook
- The book can be used for regular reference
- Does not offer legal advice per se, but explains the various scenarios that have been utilised for different ethical problems in the workplace
Table of Contents
- A taxonomy of the ethics of information use; The librarian and ethics; Ethical codes: An international overview; The ethics of information supply: From selection to provision; Intellectual property questions; Freedom of access, privacy and acceptable use; Ethical management of the self, the individual and the organisation; Conclusion: Ethical futures; References; Suggested readings on ethics in librarianship.
- No. of pages: 172
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Chandos Publishing 2007
- Published: January 31, 2007
- Imprint: Chandos Publishing
- eBook ISBN: 9781780631028
About the Authors
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "A Handbook of Ethical Practice"