Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
A Guide to Laboratory Animal Technology is a compilation of experiences of animal technicians with regard to laboratory animals in both research and breeding establishments. This book discusses common laboratory species individually with reference to anatomy, reproduction, maintenance, methods of handling, and identification. Studies on the common diseases found on these species are also provided. All aspects of laboratory animal husbandry are considered including equipment, SPF techniques, transport, and law. This selection also includes a guide to examination technique and basic mathematics section that can help students with little experience in either field. This text aims to provide an introduction and guide for the newcomers and students of the profession, as well as a useful comprehensive reference work for all those concerned with animals.
1. The animal unit and its equipment
2. Sterilization and disinfection
3. Transport of laboratory animals
4. Experimental animals and the law
6. Feeding and nutrition
7. Foodstuffs - manufacture and physical presentation
- handling and storage
8. Breeding laboratory animals
9. Manipulations and special techniques
10. Specified pathogen free techniques
11. The mouse
12. The rat
13. The guinea-pig
14. The Syrian hamster
15. The rabbit
16. The ferret
17. The cat
18. The dog
19. The simians
20. The chicken
21. Disease - General principles
- Zoonotic disease
- Diseases of the mouse
22. Calculations - basic mathematics
23. Examination technique
1. Tables of practical information
3. Suggested further reading
4. Journals, newsletters and useful addresses
- No. of pages:
- © Butterworth-Heinemann 1981
- 1st January 1981
- eBook ISBN:
Elsevier.com visitor survey
We are always looking for ways to improve customer experience on Elsevier.com.
We would like to ask you for a moment of your time to fill in a short questionnaire, at the end of your visit.
If you decide to participate, a new browser tab will open so you can complete the survey after you have completed your visit to this website.
Thanks in advance for your time.