Secure CheckoutPersonal information is secured with SSL technology.
Free ShippingFree global shipping
No minimum order.
A Great Leap Forward: Heterodox Economic Policy for the 21st Century investigates economic policy from a heterodox and progressive perspective. Author Randall Wray uses relatively short chapters arranged around several macroeconomic policy themes to present an integrated survey of progressive policy on topics of interest today that are likely to remain topics of interest for many years.
- Rejects neoclassical orthodoxy as the appropriate tool for understanding 21st century economic and social life
- Considers subjects such as innovation and technological progress
- Explores public institutions, global trade, and financial regulation
Students and researchers worldwide working on subjects related to economic growth, Students and researchers worldwide working on all economic disciplines, and especially macroeconomics, heterodox economics, and the economics of innovation
1. The Trouble with Financialization
2. The Road to Social Progress
3. Tackling Poverty Inequality. The Road to Full Employment and Price Stability
4. Money and the Public Purpose
- No. of pages:
- © Academic Press 2020
- 17th January 2020
- Academic Press
- Paperback ISBN:
Randall Wray is a professor of economics at Bard College. His current research focuses on providing a critique of orthodox monetary theory and policy, and the development of an alternative approach. He also publishes extensively in the areas of full employment policy and, more generally, fiscal policy. With President Dimitri B. Papadimitriou, he is working to publish, or republish, the work of the late financial economist Hyman P. Minsky, and is using Minsky’s approach to analyze the current global financial crisis.
Levy Economics Institute of Bard College, USA