A Fractal Analysis of Chemical Kinetics with Applications to Biological and Biosensor Interfaces analyzes the kinetics of binding and dissociation of different analytes by different biosensor techniques, demonstrating and then comparing each. Emphasis is placed on newer instrumentation techniques, such as SPRi (surface plasmon resonance imaging), and classical techniques, such as SPR (surface plasmon resonance), and finally, DNA biosensors and nanobiosensors. In addition, a final capstone chapter includes biosensor economics. These topics are all covered in one comprehensive book in a way that cannot be found elsewhere.
- Analyzes the kinetics of binding on biosensor surfaces
- Presents and compares different biosensor techniques
- Provides insights into the binding and dissociation mechanisms of analytes on biosensor surfaces
- Links the heterogeneity of biosensor surfaces to dissociation rate coefficients
Graduate students, researchers and supervisors in academia in biotechnology, biomedical/chemical engineering, biochemistry, chemistry, physics and managers in the industry would find the book useful in helping develop better biosensors. MDs could also find the book useful in helping to diagnose diseases more quickly and correctly, which would lead to better prognoses
2. Modeling and Theory
3. Different Instrumentation Techniques
5. DNA Biosensors
6. Carbohydrate-Receptor Interactions
7. Detection of Cancer Biomarkers by SPR and Optofluidic Ring Resonance Sensor
8. Surface Plasmon Resonance Biosensors
9. Surface Plasmon Resonance Imaging Biosensor
10. Detection of Analytes by Different Instrumental Techniques
11. Detection of Analytes by Different Instrumental Techniques: Part II
12. Economics of Biosensor
- No. of pages:
- © Elsevier Science 2019
- 1st September 2018
- Elsevier Science
- Paperback ISBN:
Dr. Ajit Sadana has recently retired from the University of Mississippi after 34 years. His expertise is in the area of kinetics of binding and dissociation of analytes on biosensor surfaces.
Chemical Engineering Department, University of Mississippi, MS, USA
Neeti Sadana is an Assistant Professor of Anaesthesiology at the Department of Anesthesiology, Oklahoma School of Medicine, University of Oklahoma.
Department of Anesthesiology, Oklahoma School of Medicine, Oklahoma University, Oklahoma City, USA
Richa Sadana has a law degree from the University of Miami, Florida and currently works at New York Life Securities LLC.
Financial Services Professional, New York Life Securities LLC, Miami, FL, USA