- Hundreds of full-color photographs and illustrations show concepts and depict case studies and treatment outcomes.
- Step-by-step descriptions of treatment plans offer "recipes" for treating patients according to type of injury.
- For each type of traumatic injury, you'll learn these key steps:
- How to perform a correct initial assessment of the problem.
- How to determine whether the patient suffers any related problems.
- How to record the injury and its subsequent treatment in the patient record.
- How to avoid future problems by ensuring that the entire tooth is treated — including any hidden injury to the pulp or dentin.
- Information on etiology and epidemiology of problems promotes more effective treatment of specific injuries and conditions.
- The Law and Dental Trauma chapter explains legal issues unique to treating dental injuries under emergency conditions.
- Psychological Impact of Injuries chapter describes the reactions that trauma patients may have, and how dentists can improve treatment by providing the patient with emotional support and holistic management.
- Chapters on hard tissue injuries focus on injuries to tooth/hard tissue anatomy — and one chapter examines soft tissue management — discussing types of trauma and their effects on surrounding oral tissues.
- Introductory chapter provides an overview of topics discussed in the book.
- Hundreds of references are listed alphabetically at the end of each chapter with research studies and current articles for further research.
- An interdisciplinary approach includes periodontal, endodontic, and pediatric considerations for specific types of injuries.
2. Patient Assessment — Zvi Fuss, Shaul Lin, Igor Tsesis
3. Crown Fractures: A practical approach for the clinician — Anna B. Fuks, Joe Camp
4. Intra-Alveolar Root Fractures — Louis H. Berman
5. Luxations — Asgeir Sigurdsson, Cecilia Bourguignon
6. Avulsions — Asgeir Sigurdsson, Cecilia Bourguignon
7. Alveolar Fractures — Radhika Chigurupati, Kenneth Dawson
8. Soft Tissue Injuries and Management — Lucia Blanco, Stephen Cohen
9. The Law and Dental Trauma — Arthur Curley
10. The Psychological Impact of Dental Injuries — Hal Lipton
11. Orofacial Trauma Prevention — Ray Padilla