- Complete coverage of both general pathology and pathology of organ systems is provided in one convenient resource, and includes the latest information available.
- Over 20 recognized experts deliver the most relevant information for the practitioner, student, or individual preparing for the American College of Veterinary Pathology board examination.
- UPDATED content on cellular and organ system pathology includes the latest insights into the science of inflammation, healing, and molecular carcinogenesis, as well as expanded coverage of genetics and disease.
- Over 2,100 full-color illustrations include color schematics, flow charts, and diagrammatic representations of disease processes as well as summary tables and boxes, making it easier to understand difficult concepts.
- Clear, up-to-date explanations of disease mechanisms describe cell, tissue, and organ response to injury and infection.
- Easy-to-follow organization for each systemic disease chapter includes a brief review of basic principles related to anatomy, structure, and function, followed by congenital and functional abnormalities and discussions of infectious disease responses, helping you apply principles to veterinary practice.
- Expert Consult website provides the reader with the complete digital text plus: An image collection; guidelines for performing a complete, systematic necropsy and appropriate sample acquisition for all organ systems; a comprehensive glossary; and an appendix of photographic techniques in veterinary pathology.
Table of Contents
- Part One: General Pathology
1. Mechanisms and Morphology of Cellular Injury, Adaptation, and Death
2. Vascular Disorders and Thrombosis
3. Inflammation and Healing
4. Mechanisms of Microbial Infections
5. Diseases of Immunity
6. Neoplasia and Tumor Biology
Part Two: Pathology of Organ Systems
7. Alimentary System and the Peritoneum, Omentum, Mesentery, and Peritoneal Cavity
8. Hepatobiliary System and Exocrine Pancreas
9. Respiratory System, Mediastinum, and Pleurae
10. Cardiovascular System and Lymphatic Vessels
11. The Urinary System
12. Endocrine System
13. Bone Marrow, Blood Cells, and the Lymphatic System/Lymphoid System
14. Nervous System
15. Skeletal Muscle
16. Bone, Joints, Tendons, and Ligaments
17. The Integument
18. Female Reproductive System and Mammae
19. Male Reproductive System
20. The Ear
21. The Eye
- No. of pages: 1408
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Mosby 2016
- Published: May 23, 2016
- Imprint: Mosby
- eBook ISBN: 9780323357975
- Hardcover ISBN: 9780323357753
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "Pathologic Basis of Veterinary Disease Expert Consult"