* A Practical book written in a succinct style and well illustrated throughout.
Table of Contents
- Rotating equipment overview; Compressor types and applications; Compressor characteristics; Operation of a compressor in a system; The concept of fluid head; Performance relationships; What determines the turbo-compressor curve shape; Surge (stall) and stonewall; Turbo-compressor individual stage and overall perfomance; The effect of a gas density change; The effect of fouling; Turbo-compressor control overview; Surge control systems; Turbo-compressor mechanical design overview; Compressor casings and stationary internals; Centrifugal compressor rotor design; Flexible coupling design, installation and operation; Radial bearing design; Critical speeds and rotor response; Rotor axial (thrust) forces; Compressor Seal system overview and types; Dry gas seal systems; Turbo-compressor performance condition monitoring; Turbo-compressor performance testing; Reciprocating compressors major component functions; Reciprocating compressor inspection guidelines; Reciprocating compressor control and operation; Screw compressors; Conversion to metric system; Index
- No. of pages: 416
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 2005
- Published: December 16, 2005
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- Hardcover ISBN: 9781856174695
- eBook ISBN: 9780080949345
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "3. Forsthoffer's Rotating Equipment Handbooks"