For quick, accurate, and efficient coding, pick this best-selling HCPCS professional reference! From coding expert Carol J. Buck, 2016 HCPCS Level II, Professional Edition provides a spiral-bound, easy-to-use guide to the latest Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System codes. It helps you locate specific codes, comply with coding regulations, optimize reimbursement, report patient data, code Medicare cases, master ICD-10 coding, and more. This professional edition features a full-color design, Netter’s Anatomy illustrations, dental codes, and ASC (Ambulatory Surgical Center) payment and status indicators.
- At-a-glance code listings and distinctive symbols identify all new, revised, and deleted codes for 2016.
- UNIQUE! Full-color Netter’s Anatomy illustrations clarify complex anatomic information and how it affects coding.
- The American Hospital Association Coding Clinic® for HCPCS citations provide a reference point for information about specific codes and their usage.
- Colorful design with color-coded tables makes locating and identifying codes faster and easier.
- American Dental Association (ADA) Current Dental Terminology code sets offer access to all dental codes in one place.
- Drug code annotations identify brand-name drugs as well as drugs that appear on the National Drug Class (NDC) directory and other Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved drugs.
- Quantity feature highlights units of service allowable per patient, per day, as listed in the Medically Unlikely Edits (MUEs) for enhanced accuracy on claims.
- Durable medical equipment, prosthetics, orthotics, and supplies (DMEPOS) indicators clearly identify supplies to report to durable medical third-party payers.
- Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) payment and status indicators show which codes are payable in the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System.
- Information on coverage provides alerts when codes have special instructions, are not valid or covered by Medicare, or may be paid at the carrier’s discretion.
- Jurisdiction symbols show the appropriate contractor to be billed for suppliers submitting claims to Medicare contractors, Part B carriers, and Medicare administrative contractors submitting for DMEPOS services provided.
- Age/Sex edits identify codes for
Guide to Using the 2016 HCPCS Level II Codes
Symbols and Conventions
2016 HCPCS Updates
Netter’s Anatomy Illustrations
2016 HCPCS Index
2016 Table of Drugs
2016 HCPCS Level II National Codes
Appendix A: Chapter 1, National Correct Coding Initiative Policy Manual
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2016
- 18th December 2015
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN