Code more efficiently and effectively with Carol J. Buck's 2015 ICD-9-CM for Hospitals: Volumes 1, 2 & 3, Professional Edition. Designed by coders for coders, this full-color reference combines Netter's Anatomy illustrations and the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting. Its format makes it easy to access the ICD-9-CM information you need to stay up to date and ensure the most accurate billing and optimal reimbursement in inpatient (hospital-based) and outpatient (physician office-based) coding settings. In addition, you can take this resource into your certification exams for enhanced testing support!
- Coverage of all volumes of ICD-9-CM Volumes 1, 2 & 3 provides all codes for inpatient (hospital-based) and outpatient (physician office-based) coding.
- Netter’s Anatomy art is included in the front of the book and cross referenced within the Tabular List to help you understand complex anatomic information and how it may affect choosing codes.
- Full-color design includes consistent color-coded symbols and text, providing easier access to codes and coding information.
- Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OGCRs) are listed in full and also integrated within the code set, providing fast, easy access to the official coding rules.
- Symbols and highlights identify codes that may require special consideration before coding, including:
- Unacceptable Principal Diagnosis
- Use Additional Digit(s)
- Includes and Excludes
- Use Additional
- Code First
- Additional elements within specific codes provide you with useful hints, tips, and definitions to aid in understanding difficult terminology, diseases and conditions, or coding in a specific category.
- More than 130 full-color illustrations provide visual orientation and enhance understand of specific coding situations.
- Items are included throughout Diseases: Tabular List, Volume 1 to provide more information on common diseases and conditions to ensure that you code accurately.
- Hospital Acquired Condition symbol notes specific conditions that will always be coded as hospital acquired.
- Present on Admission symbol identifies the diseases that will always be coded as present on admission.
- Manifestation code in the Volume 1 Disease Tabular help
Guide to Using the 2015 ICD-9-CM for Hospitals: Volumes 1, 2 & 3, Professional Edition
Symbols and Conventions
Part I: Introduction
Coordination and Maintenance Committee
Characteristics of the ICD-9-CM
ICD-9-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting
Part II: Alphabetic Index, Volume 2
Section 1: Index to Diseases
Section 2: Table of Drugs and Chemicals
Section 3: Index to External Causes of Injury
Part III: Diseases: Tabular List, Volume 1
1. Infectious and Parasitic Diseases
3. Endocrine, Nutritional and Metabolic Diseases and Immunity Disorders
4. Diseases of the Blood and Blood-Forming Organs
5. Mental Disorders
6. Diseases of the Nervous System and Sense Organs
7. Diseases of the Circulatory System
8. Diseases of the Respiratory System
9. Diseases of the Digestive System
10. Diseases of the Genitourinary System
11. Complications of Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Puerperium
12. Diseases of the Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue
13. Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue
14. Congenital Anomalies
15. Certain Conditions Originating in the Perinatal Period
16. Symptoms, Signs, and Ill-Defined Conditions
17. Injury and Poisoning
V-Codes-Supplementary Classification of Factors Influencing Health Status and Contact with Health Services
E-Codes-Supplementary Classification of External Causes of Injury and Poisoning
A. Morphology of Neoplasms
B. Glossary of Mental Disorders
C. Classification of Drugs by American Hospital Formulary Services List Number and Their ICD-9-CM Equivalents
D. Classification of Industrial Accidents According to Agency
E. List of Three-Digit Categories
Part IV: Procedures, Volume 3
Index to Procedures
Classification of Procedures
0. Procedures and Interventions, Not Else
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2015
- 28th August 2014
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
- Paperback ISBN:
Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN