Elsevier and the American Medical Association have partnered to co-publish this professional HCPCS Level II reference by Carol J. Buck!
Code more quickly, accurately, and efficiently, and optimize reimbursement with 2012 HCPCS Level II (Professional Edition). In an easy-to-use, full color, spiral-bound format, this professional reference presents the latest Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) codes to help you comply with coding regulations and confidently locate information on specific codes, manage supply reimbursement, report patient data, code Medicare cases, and more. Keep current with HCPCS codes with this professional medical billing reference from Carol J. Buck!
- UNIQUE! Full-color Netter's Anatomy artwork provides a reference to complex anatomic information.
- At-a-glance code listings highlight all new, revised, and deleted codes for 2012.
- Convenient spiral binding provides easy access in practice settings.
- UNIQUE! Color-coded Table of Drugs similar to the ICD-9-CM drug table makes it easier to find specific drug information.
- Distinctive symbols identify new, revised, reinstated, and deleted codes.
- Drug code annotations help you quickly and easily identify brand name drugs as well as drugs that appear on the National Drug Class (NDC) directory and other Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved drugs.
- Updated Internet Only Manual (IOM) provides essential information on carrier-specific and Medicare-specific regulations to ensure coding accuracy.
- American Dental Association (ADA) Current Dental Terminology code sets offer access to all dental codes in one place.
- Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) payment and status indicators show which codes are payable in the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System.
- Coding Clinics drawn from the American Hospital Association HCPCS citations provide sources for information about specific codes and their usage.
- Age/Sex edits identify codes for use only with patients of a specific age or sex.
- Durable medical equipment, prosthetics, orthotics, and supplies (DMEPOS) indicators clearly identify supplies to report to durable medical third-party payers.
- Quantity features highlight units of service allowable per patient, per day as listed in the Medically Unlikely Edits (MUEs).
- Companion website (codingupdates.com) keeps you informed of changes to ICD codes, plus the opportunity to sign up for automatic e-mail notifications.
- Affordable pricing provides unparalleled value at a reasonable cost.
Guide to Using the 2012 HCPCS Level II Codes
Symbols and Conventions
2012 HCPCS Updates
Netter Anatomy Plates
2012 HCPCS: Level II National Codes
HCPCS 2012 Index
2012 Table of Drugs
CMS Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS)
Appendix A: IOM (Internet Only Manual)
Appendix B: 2012 Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System Edits
Appendix C: 2012 Physician/Provider Payment Edits
Appendix D: Chapter 1, National Correct Coding Initiative Policy Manual
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2012
- 23rd December 2011
- eBook ISBN:
- eBook ISBN:
Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN