Confidently prepare for the migration to ICD-10-CM with help from the leader in coding education, Carol J. Buck! This easy-to-use reference presents the complete 2009 ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OCGR) in a format designed by coders for coders to help you maintain optimal billing and reimbursement and ensure a smooth transition to ICD-10-CM. Carol J. Buck’s proven, straightforward approach is accompanied by exclusive Netter’s Anatomy artwork and a variety of helpful learning tools, giving you everything you need to code accurately and effectively and establish a solid foundation for your coding future.
- Tabular and indexed presentation of the 2009 ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting provides a comprehensive introduction to physician-based ICD-10-CM coding.
- UNIQUE! Full-color Netter’s Anatomy artwork clarifies complex anatomic information to help you appropriately code related procedures.
- Detailed disease explanations provide additional insight on common diseases and conditions for heightened coding accuracy.
- Symbols throughout the text alert you to new, revised, and deleted codes and clearly identify codes that require special consideration before assigning, such as nonspecific codes, includes and excludes, use additional, code first, and codes that cannot be assigned as principal diagnoses.
- Full-color photographs and illustrations enhance your comprehension of difficult terminology, diseases/conditions, and specific coding situations.
- Companion Evolve Resources website provides instant access to coding updates as they develop, keeping you at the forefront of the evolving medical coding field.
Part I Introduction
Symbols and Conventions
Netter Anatomy Plates
ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting
Part II Alphabetic Index
Index to Diseases and Injuries
Table of Drugs and Chemicals
Index to External Causes
Part III Tabular List of Disease and Injuries
1. Certain Infectious and Parasitic Diseases (A00-B99)
2. Neoplasms (C00-D49)
3. Disease of the blood and blood-forming organs and certain disorders involving the immune mechanism (D50-D89)
4. Endocrine, Nutritional, and Metabolic Diseases (E00-E90)
5. Mental and behavioral disorders (F01 – F99)
6. Diseases of Nervous System and Sense Organs (G00-G99)
7. Diseases of Eye and Adnexa (H00-IH59)
8. Diseases of Ear and Mastoid Process (H60-H59)
9. Diseases of Circulatory System (I00-I99)
10. Diseases of Respiratory System (J00-J99)
11. Diseases of Digestive System (K00-K94)
12. Diseases of Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue (L00-L99)
13. Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue (M00-M99)
14. Diseases of Genitourinary System (N00-N99)
15. Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Puerperium (O00-O99)
16. Newborn (Perinatal) Guidelines (P00-P96)
17. Congenital malformations, deformations, and chromosomal abnormalities (Q00-Q99)
18. Symptoms, signs, and abnormal clinical and laboratory findings, not elsewhere classified (R00-R99)
19. Injury, poisoning, and certain other consequences of external causes (S00-T88)
20. External Causes of Morbidity (V01-Y95)
21. Factors influencing health status and contact with health services (Z00-Z99)
- No. of pages:
- © Saunders 2010
- 15th April 2010
- eBook ISBN:
Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN