* A Practical book written in a succinct style and well illustrated throughout.
* An overview of the main types of rotating machinery in industry.
Table of Contents
- Rotating equipment overview; compressor characteristics; operation of a compressor in a system; pump types and applications; pump performance data; centrifugal pump hydraulic disturbances; pump mechanical design; mechanical seals; compressor types and applications; the concept of fluid head; performance relationships; surge (stall) and stonewall; the effect of a gas density change; turbo-compressor mechanical design overview; radial bearing design; rotar axial (thrust) forces; compressor seal system overview and types; reciprocating compressors major component functions; flexible coupling design, installation and operation; steam turbine function and types; steam turbine performance; steam turbine mechanical design overview; steam turbine inlet steam regulation; steam turbine control/ protection systems; steam turbine operation; gas turbine types and applications; gas turbine performance; gas turbine mechanical design; gas turbine support systems; gas turbine control and protection; lubrication system overview and types; monitoring reliability and component condition; conversions to metric system; index
- No. of pages: 528
- Language: English
- Copyright: © Elsevier Science 2005
- Published: November 11, 2005
- Imprint: Elsevier Science
- eBook ISBN: 9780080949321
- Hardcover ISBN: 9781856174671
About the Author
Affiliations and Expertise
Ratings and Reviews
There are currently no reviews for "1. Forsthoffer's Rotating Equipment Handbooks"