Technologies & Innovations
Elsevier is at the forefront of publishing in electronic formats that greatly expand visibility, market perception, and increase revenue generation. We take pride in embracing new technology and adapting to user needs in order to deliver content in a high-quality format to the widest possible audience. Your journal and membership will benefit from the powerful capabilities of our web platforms and also from our robust investment in mobile technology to service both member and institutional market segments.
Technology-driven products and services embedded throughout the organization. Our products optimize content quality, relevance, dissemination and understanding. A forward-thinking culture of innovation underpins all that we do.
Equipped for semantic search and improved mobile reading experience, and mobile-friendly strategy for tablets and smartphones. Includes suite of customizable solutions that deliver content in a way that inspire engagement and increase usage.
- ClinicalKey: An online clinical reference product expressly meets the needs of clinicians in the hospital setting.
- ScienceDirect: World's leading online platform for institutional users with ongoing commitment to investigating new online solutions and investing in innovation and product development.
- A customized journal home page on the elsevier.com website with a modern, flexible platform that allows for marketing of journal related news and content of interest to authors, reviewers and editors.
- Mendeley®: a free reference manager and academic social network that can help you organize your research, collaborate with others online, and discover the latest research
- Mendeley Stats: a tool that allows authors to see how their work is being read, shared, and cited by the scientific community..
- Elsevier's ROS (Research Operating System) initiative, e.g. My Research Dashboard: a drive to combine data from our platforms and create tools and services for researchers that help them be in control of information, make valuable connections and deliver higher quality research.
- EVISE®: a new web-based system to support the editorial process for journals which replaces the Elsevier Editorial System (EES).
- Content Enrichments: a range of free tools to present your research in a more powerful, dynamic and engaging way such as graphical abstracts, AudioSlides, interactive plots, interactive (Google) maps, 3D viewers and database links.
- Your Paper Your Way: enables authors to submit manuscripts in any format.
- Journal and Article Metrics: many different metrics can be used to measure the influence of journals
- Altmetrics: Elsevier is partnering with Altmetric.com, which captures online mentions in social media and other web-based data such as bookmarks, tweets, Facebook posts, news, and scientific blogs.
- Publishing Campus: a free and open online training platform for all researchers or training partners in academia, offering online lectures, interactive training courses and professional advice from experts within the industry.
- Author WebShop: a range of products and services to support and professionalize scientific research and its presentation at all stages of the publishing process.
Elsevier is committed to fully meeting the mobile access needs of your society members and journal subscribers and is broadly investing in mobile technologies. The goals of our mobile strategy are:
- Expand the readership of your journal and increase usage by adding convenience
- Reach new audiences with their preferred media formats
- Provide additional mobile e-commerce opportunities
- Expand advertising and commercial revenue opportunities.
Elsevier's many social media channels keep you informed of what's happening in your field, and help you network with your peers. Follow or like our pages for the latest news, including calls for papers, new appointments and exciting research.
We invite you to follow or join Elsevier's social media channels to share your ideas, ask questions, and connect with your peers and colleagues.