Marketing and sales
Elsevier offers societies marketing services which help raise their profile in the professional community, retain current members, and attract new members. Marketing services/offerings include:
- Promoting your journal as a premier benefit to members highlighting online accessibility
- Promoting your journal content, features and society brand to non-members , with the goal of increasing their subscriptions
- Increasing readership of your journal outside of core member base with access to select content
- Running an integrated PR strategy and media outreach program, working with your society to raise greater visibility
- Encouraging society members to submit articles to your journal, therefore increasing loyalty to your society and the journal
- Acknowledging top authors and top reviewers to reward them for their contribution to your journal and foster continued submission of quality research and reviewer service
- Attracting high quality content by increasing awareness of the latest research from your journal to the author community, encouraging submissions and reinforcing growth and quality
- Providing awareness at key conferences through new and innovative promotions that attract attendees
- Utilizing social media as an effective tool for promoting your journal content and engaging your community
Comprehensive and personalized marketing plans and initiatives, aligned with editorial objectives, will be implemented by a dedicated Elsevier marketing team. This team utilizes the power of online marketing, Elsevier’s depth of knowledge in your discipline, established relationships, and international market reach to achieve your goals.
Your society can benefit from Elsevier’s experience and expertise in building non-subscription revenues, including advertising, supplements, and reprints. Elsevier’s access to extensive market intelligence information, plus a growing network of business relationships, allow our sales and publishing teams to predict with confidence the potential for the greatest commercial return possible.
Elsevier is rapidly expanding in China, India, South America, Eastern Europe, and the Middle East, which report rapid growth in academic research. Elsevier’s established network of local contacts can reach out to and encourage content in your specialty in these emerging markets, and then build commercial revenues through licensing and other similar arrangements.
We have a dedicated team of advertising sales professionals, with many years of experience with both nonprofit and for-profit companies, such as pharmaceutical and device companies.
Key components of Elsevier's Commercial Sales offering:
- Commercial sales team: a dedicated account manager, supported by a wider global team
- Target appropriate prospects: a competitive journal analysis, conference exhibitors, etc.
- Maximize client interaction: client/agency meetings, conferences, special events
- A “consultative sales” approach
- Effectively promote a Society Journal’s value proposition: media kit, rate card, e-mail promotions
- Sell multi-channel portfolio of products: Integrated Media Solutions
- Society collaborations: information sharing, strategic planning