Editorial & production support
Your society can benefit from a range of Elsevier services developed specifically for your journal Editors and editorial office staff, which facilitate an effective and efficient editorial workflow and help to inform editorial strategy. These include a first class online manuscript submission and peer review system, extensive market research and bibliometrics analysis (through Elsevier products such as Scopus, the world’s largest abstract and citation database), and Elsevier’s Author Feedback Programme, which can provide insight into how authors perceive your journal (relative to other similar titles).
We offer a fully digital production workflow that delivers a high-quality, customized publication with the appearance and branding to meet your specific requirements. Excellent online and print publication times, extensive quality control processes, and first-rate copyediting are integral components of Elsevier’s production offering.
Online submission and review system
- Commitment to support the use of your current system, allowing continuity for the Editors and editorial offices
- Option to adopt Elsevier’s own manuscript submission and review system, at no cost to the society
- World’s largest abstracting and citation database available to the Editors free of charge (along with access to ScienceDirect)
- Identification of highly cited authors and emerging topics
- Impact Factor calculations and article citation tracking
PERK and COPE
- PERK: The Publishing Ethics Resource Kit (PERK) is an online resource to support journal editors in handling publishing ethics allegations.
- COPE: The Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) is a forum for editors of peer-reviewed journals to discuss issues related to the integrity of the scientific record.
- Customized reports to support editorial decision-making and strategies
- Top cited articles
- Journal profiles
- Impact Factor analysis
Dedicated production management team
- Journal Production Managers:
- Single point of contact to oversee all workflow stages
- Part of an experienced, service-oriented team
- Copyedit Management:
- Support editorial style sheet requirements/quality control
- Management of copyeditors
- Design and Artwork Management:
- Custom Journal designs to reflect individual branding
- Specifications/quality review of author-supplied artwork
- Local Supplier Management:
- Support technical requirements/quality control of pre-press, print and distribution
Flexible operations focused on quality of content
- Established global base of supply - audited and validated against Elsevier standards for print/data deliveries
- Mature production delivery infrastructure to support end-to-end digital workflows and publishing strategies
- All production quality standards overseen by Journal Production Manager and Publisher