PubChem Chemical Compound Viewer
About the PubChem Chemical Compound Viewer
The PubChem Chemical Compound Viewer displays relevant information from the NCBI PubChem Compound Database next to the article on ScienceDirect.
Benefits for authors and readers:
- The PubChem Chemical Compound Viewer gives the reader quick and easy access to additional relevant information about the compounds mentioned in the article.
- It enriches the article with relevant information; all authors need to do is list the compounds in their manuscript.
Effect of linagliptin, alone and in combination with voglibose or exendin-4, on glucose control in male ZDF rats – European Journal of Pharmacology
With features such as the PubChem Chemical Compound Viewer, Elsevier’s Content Innovation program gives authors the opportunity to present their work in powerful new ways. By supporting new digital formats that are commonly used in modern-day research, and adding valuable context to the article, these enrichments improve the way articles are presented online, giving readers better insights and helping authors make an impact.
Related Content Innovations:
We develop all our Content Innovation features by working with researchers. If you have any suggestions for us, or would be willing to take part in user testing, we’d like to hear from you. Just e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include a section called “Chemical compounds studied in this article” immediately below the Keywords section in your article
- Include up to 10 chemical compounds in the section
- Refer to http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pccompound obtain PubChem CIDs
- Strictly follow this formatting, including brackets and semicolons:
Chemical compounds studied in this article
Ethylene glycol (PubChem CID: 174); Plitidepsin (PubChem CID: 44152164); Benzalkonium chloride (PubChem CID: 15865)
Reviewers do not need to review any additional files. They can encourage authors to indicate their compounds as instructed above.
For more information, read the general reviewer instructions for Content Innovation.