Books and Content
Elsevier books have an established reputation for providing ground-breaking and expansive content; written by world renowned, award-winning authors and reviewed by an expert team of editors. Our wide variety of books and eBooks has been empowering research development, initiating innovation, and encouraging confidence and career growth in the scientific field.
Best selling Food Science books
Newly published Food Science books
Be more impactful in your work
ScienceDirect is Elsevier’s leading information solution for researchers, teachers, students, health care professionals and information professionals. It combines authoritative, full-text scientific, technical and health publications with smart, intuitive functionality so that you can stay informed in your field, and can work more effectively and efficiently.
ScienceDirect hosts over 3,800 journals and more than 35,000 books—over 14 million peer-reviewed publications (and growing) from Elsevier, our imprints and our society partners.
Elsevier eBooks help you support breakthrough research and serendipitous moments of discovery, keeping your institution a step ahead.
Learn more about eBooks on ScienceDirect
ScienceDirect’s extensive, high quality journal coverage enables you to establish a solid foundation of knowledge to begin or advance your research, teaching or studies.
Learn more about Journals on ScienceDirect
- Collections, Editions & Articles
Librarians and information professionals: Give your patrons access to the depth and breadth of authoritative, peer-reviewed content available on ScienceDirect and help them make a greater impact in their work.
Learn more about Collections, Editions & Articles on ScienceDirect
Food Science News
Award winning authors and books
Jacqueline Marcus - Culinary Nutrition, 1st Edition - Medallion Award 2017 Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Ronald Jackson - Wine Tasting, 3rd Edition - OIV Award
Hongsheng Yang, Jean-Francois Hamel, Annie Mercier - The Sea Cucumber Apostichopus japonicus, 1st Edition - Third Place E5-Fish Category of Gourmand World Cookbook Award 2016
Andrew Reynolds - Grapevine Breeding Programs for the Wine Industry - Shortlist W1-10 Professional Category of Gourmand Wine And Drinks Awards 2016
Yasmine Motarjemi, Huub Lelieveld - Food Safety Management - PROSE Single Volume Reference / Science Honorable Mention
Elsevier offers everyday savings like free shipping on all print books, no order minimum and DRM-free eBooks as well as monthly discounts. View today's special offers.
Read the latest science and technology news and stories on SciTech Connect
For upcoming events, view the event calendar
Connect with the Food Science Community
- Book Author Hub- a page rich with essential information including how to write and submit book proposals, book publishing processes and marketing resources.
- Meet the Publishing Team - together with our authors, the publishing team work hard to deliver comprehensive and targeted commissioned content that drives the advancement and application of science.
- Reference Modules on ScienceDirect - makes the information you want more discoverable by combining thousands of Encyclopedic and Comprehensive articles into one trustworthy source.
- Textbook Adoptions - academic professors are able to register and request a textbook adoption copy