This is a sample screenshot of an individual Mendeley Stat page
To access your personal Stats, simply link to https://www.mendeley.com/stats/welcome. This powerful tool allows you to see how your work is being used by the scientific community, using data from a number of sources including, Scopus, ScienceDirect, Mendeley and NewsFlo.
Stats give your publication readership data within days of publication. As an author, Stats help you understand in greater detail and with greater speed how your publications are being read, shared, cited and mentioned in the media. This service is available to anyone who has published and whose publication is in Scopus.
Stats allow you see the exposure and impact of your research. It provides timely information, including:
- Early feedback about how your publication is being viewed, shared, cited
- Where in the world your ScienceDirect publications are being viewed
- Detailed information about how your ScienceDirect publications are being discovered
- The discipline of the people that have shared your publication in Mendeley
- When you and your work are mentioned in the media around the globe
How it works
Connecting the power of Scopus, ScienceDirect and Mendeley, Stats showcases citation and usage data about all your publications. These data sources give you the most complete picture possible of the global impact your output is having:
- Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database that represents 5,000 publishers and delivers a comprehensive overview of the world's research output in the fields of science, technology, medicine, social sciences, and the arts and humanities.
- ScienceDirect is home to almost 16% of the world's peer-reviewed, full-text scientific, technical and medical content.
- Mendeley is a free reference manager and academic social network that helps you organize your documents, collaborate with others online, and discover the latest research in your field.
- Newsflo lets researchers know when they or their articles are mentioned in +55k public sources and +100k subscribed general media clustered around topics.
Elsevier has combined the content, technology and researcher networks of these resources to create your personal dashboard, providing a new, more visual way for you to view citation and exposure data about your publications.
Once you have accessed your Stats page for the first time, you'll receive frequent updates email to notify you about updated metrics: New publications will be added automatically as you publish them.
You can check your personal Stats page at any time. Make sure your Scopus profile includes all your articles, so you can easily monitor their impact.
If you have an existing account with ScienceDirect, Scopus or any other Elsevier product, you can use those credentials to sign in.
You have the choice to share your articles only via the social media buttons at the bottom of each article’s metrics page or via the Mendeley network.
To read answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Stats.