My Research Dashboard — FAQ
1. What is My Research Dashboard?
My Research Dashboard is a new service that integrates CiteAlert and Article Usage Alerts into a single Dashboard. It provides you, as an Elsevier author, with a personalized Dashboard that includes relevant and updated metrics - citations, usage, views, scholarly mentions and more - about all of your publications.
2. Does My Research Dashboard replace CiteAlert and Article Usage Alerts entirely or will I continue to receive alerts for these services?
Yes, My Research Dashboard replaces CiteAlert and Article Usage Alerts.
3. How often will I receive alerts from My Research Dashboard?
You will receive an email approximately every 4 weeks depending upon if your publications have been viewed and/or cited.
4. Who will see the My Research Dashboard?
My Research Dashboard is personal and will only be seen by you as the author. Then it's your decision if you would like to share information from your Dashboard with your funders and peers.
5. How far back do my publications go?
Metrics about citations and ScienceDirect downloads (anonymous usage) are included for all publications.
6. Does the My Research Dashboard include publications from all journals?
Publications from all journals in which you have published are included in the My Research Dashboard. Additional metrics are reported, however, for Elsevier publications, including anonymous usage data from our full-text platform, ScienceDirect.
7. How will I know if the metrics being reported are associated with Elsevier or non-Elsevier publications?
The Dashboard will indicate if the metrics are available exclusively for Elsevier-published publications.
8. Will I be required to log in to the system to see my publication data?
Once your Dashboard has been created, you will receive an email to view it. Simply follow the link in the email. Your credentials are the identical as those you use to login to ScienceDirect or Scopus.
9. What are some of the main benefits of a personalized Dashboard?
My Research Dashboard provides you as an author with a more efficient way of tracking metrics about your publications, allowing you to quickly and easily see the impact of any given paper. It also provides you with more usage metrics and at a greater level of detail.
Key benefits include:
- It provides you with immediate feedback about the impact of your research.
- It allows you to easily access statistics and metrics that you can use to demonstrate the importance of your work, such as when applying for funding or in seeking a new position.
- It facilitates your ability to promote your work, allowing you to share the performance of your publications through streamlined and visually appealing metrics. Tips for sharing and showcasing your metrics are included throughout the Dashboard.
- It provides you with a level of detail about usage that helps you understand how and where in the world your research is being cited and viewed. This in turn can be used to help inform ideas you may have about future research or collaborations.
10. Is My Research Dashboard free?
Yes. Linking to My Research Dashboard and all of the information it contains is free for any author who receives an alert.
11. Will I be able to see the status of my publications whenever I want?
Yes, you can view your personal Dashboard whenever you choose. Just log in with your ScienceDirect/Scopus username and password, or create new login credentials on the My Research Dashboard page.
12. What happens if there are no new usage or citations updates to my publications? Will I still receive a monthly alert?
You will be alerted only when there are new data available on your Dashboard page, or if you have published a new publication that has been added to the Dashboard. You will not be alerted if there is no new information.
13. Will I be able to opt out of the email alert but still have access to the My Research Dashboard to look at whenever I want?
Yes, if you no longer want to be alerted when updates are made to your personal Dashboard, you can opt out of the email communication. Your My Research Dashboard will remain online and will continue to be updated as new data become available. You can bookmark your personal Dashboard and visit it anytime.
14. Will Elsevier use my registration information to My Research Dashboard in other ways?
15. What if there are errors in my personal Dashboard? How can I have these corrected?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work with you to make any necessary corrections.
16. Can I expect more of these type of tools from Elsevier?
To better support you and your research goals, Elsevier is working to create new services and offerings that combine data from across our products and platforms. These efforts mean to help you be in control of information, make valuable connections and deliver higher quality research. My Research Dashboard is the first of many services that you can expect to see from Elsevier in the months, and years, ahead.