Large images, image stacks, image series
About the viewer
With the HTML version of your article on ScienceDirect, you can present image content in an interactive viewer that allows the user to pan and zoom within an image and navigate across a stack or series of images. The user can bring up the viewer by clicking link in the caption of associated regular figures.This feature is useful for images that are both large in size and have a high level of detail, and as such do not come across very well when presented in the traditional way. It can also be used for interactive display of stacks and series of such images.
Slide scanners, confocal microscopes or wide field cameras are some examples of devices creating images suitable for this viewer. Regular high resolution images of a more regular size are typically better presented as a regular image.
The viewer was developed in collaboration with Kitware SAS.
The example articles are temporarily unavailable. We expect them back live by the end of April, 2018.
Central xanthoma of the jaws: a clinicopathologic entity? – Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology and Oral Radiology
Diffuse interstitial and multiple cavitary lung lesions due to Talaromyces marneffei infection in a non-HIV patient – New Microbes and New Infections
- The below table gives an impression of the image and file sizes for which this feature may be useful.
|Pathology||Excellent||Image size is approx 50,000*30,000 pixels. File size is approx 300Mb|
|Pathology||Not useful (too small)||Image dimension is approx 600* 400 pixels. File size is approx 800kb.|
|Geology||Good||Image size is approx 2000*1300 pixels. File size is approx 3.8Mb|
- If you want to make use of this feature, before uploading the final revision of your article to EES or EVISE, please send an e-mail to email@example.com to receive a link to the submission tool and detailed uploading instructions.
- In the tool, your images will be assigned identifiers with the prefix “VM” followed by a unique 5-digit number, such as VM0003 or VM02312.
- You submit your content for the interactive viewer into the dedicated submission tool, to which you have received access from firstname.lastname@example.org
- When you submit (the final revision of) your manuscript, include the references to your images by including phrases like A high-resolution version of the image is available as eSlide: VM00003, as in the image below. Interactive image content not referenced to from a figure caption will not be accessible to readers.
Instructions are included in the reviewer invitation letter. For more information, read the general reviewer instructions.
For any questions about the this feature, please contact email@example.com