UK Open Science Partnership
The aim of the Open Science Partnership is for Jisc, Elsevier and the UK research sector to work together to enable the design and development of new methods to support Open Science in the UK.
What is the partnership?
An agreement between Elsevier and Jisc Collections to cooperate on several open science opportunities, utilizing Elsevier’s technology and analytics capabilities to help make science in the UK more collaborative, transparent, effective and efficient. An Open Science Steering Group was formed to ensure that these needs are met and to develop opportunities and priorities with input from the wider research community.
The Open Science Steering Group
The Open Science Steering Group aims to ensure that the voice of the higher education sector is reflected in the open science priorities and successes Elsevier and Jisc jointly pursue.
The group aims to:
- Steer the partnership between the UK university sector and Elsevier in order to make the UK a thought leader in open science
- Provide the voice of the UK university sector to help define open science priorities for Elsevier over 5 years and beyond
- Support, align and celebrate the open science initiatives in the UK university sector
Conditions under how the group will operate:
- Consensual - jointly agree in spirit of partnership
- Provide honest feedback and advice for Elsevier
- For particular activities small working groups may be established to drive forward activity
Outputs for the group:
- Provide regular steering, which will include 2 meetings annually plus regular email communication
- Identify and connect relevant individuals within the UK university sector with Elsevier
- Publish annual review of progress, successes and learning towards open Science in the UK
Steering Group members
Mark Smith - University of Lancaster (Chair)
Jessica Corner - Nottingham University
Paul Feldman - JISC
Nick Fowler – Elsevier
Max Hastings - Universities UK
Heidi Fraser-Krauss - University of York
Lesley Thompson - Elsevier
Claire Warwick - Durham University
Alicia Wise - Elsevier
Nick Wright - Newcastle University
The minutes from the first meeting will appear here shortly.