Article Transfer Service (ATS)
No need to reformat. No need to resubmit.
Our latest improvement to the manuscript submission process is the complimentary Article Transfer Service (ATS) – a service designed to save authors valuable time and effort when submitting to our journals.
What does it mean for me?
If you have submitted your manuscript to an Elsevier journal but the Editor determines that it is of better fit in one of our other titles, they may propose you consider transferring your paper to one of those instead. If you agree to this offer, your manuscript will be transferred with no need to reformat.
- No need to reformat or resubmit – we will transfer your manuscript for you in minutes
- Shorter editorial times – the editors will use the work done by the previous editors and reviewers
- Maximize your publication options
- Revise your paper, taking into account any reviews already received, before finalizing submission to the new journal
- Keep the first submission date of your manuscript
- Remain in control of the submission process with minimal effort; just one click to agree to the transfer
How does it work?
You will receive the transfer offer from the Editor by email, and you can start the transfer process by clicking on the link in the email message.
- The ATS webpage will open and you will see the journal(s) the Editor advises you to consider transferring your paper to.
- Select the appropriate receiving journal. Your paper, including the reviewers' and editor's comments (if any), will be automatically transferred to the receiving journal. You will be registered with the receiving journal if necessary.
- At this point you may revise your paper taking into account comments received at the first journal (if any). If you choose to do this please also submit a 'response to reviewers' document detailing the changes you have made to your paper.
- Next you have to complete your submission. Submission requirements vary between journals so you may need to upload additional files.
- As final step you need to approve the PDF of your paper and submit it to the receiving journal. Your paper is now transferred to the receiving journal and will enter the editorial process, benefitting from the work the Editor and reviewers of the first journal have done.
What do I do if I want to submit my paper to a different journal than those offered to me?
If you receive an offer of a transfer but you would prefer to submit to a different journal instead please decline the transfer offer. You are then free to submit to another journal of your choosing, as normal. Please note however that any previous reviews, comments and history for your paper will not be available to the Editors of the new journal in this case, and you will need to manually upload and submit all your files on the journal's EES site.
What do I do if I don't want the reviews for my paper transferred?
In this case you should decline the transfer offer and submit your paper as a new manuscript to the journal of your choosing. You will need to manually upload and submit all your files on the journal's EES site.
Journal of Contextual Behavioral Science
Behaviour Research and Therapy
Brain and Language
Consciousness and Cognition
Brain and Cognition
Journal of Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders
Behavior Therapy and Experimental Psychiatry