- Alan Meier's guidelines for reviewing technical papers
- Pick-a-peer option 'undermining review system'.
- A special peer review brochure has been created by Sense About Science (SAS) and sponsored by Elsevier. You can download the brochure as a PDF file.
- The Council of Science Editors (CSE) gives guidelines on roles and responsibilities in peer review.
- The Publishing Research Consortium's study on Peer Review.
- In a piece that appeared in the Guardian Online, Elsevier's Adrian Mulligan argues: Don't judge peer review by its occasional failings.